jrayx

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
I don't know what PSU is the best between:

Antec High Current Gamer 520 watt (Non-modular one)

Corsair Cx500 V1 (I can buy only the v1 of this PSU)

Another thing, I can buy the PC Power and Cooling Silencer MkIII 500w for around 100 dollars (I live in mexico), but obviously is more expensive.

I think the Antec Psu is being discontinued so the Corsair v1, which one is the best?

Sorry for my bad english.

Solution
The Antec High Current Gamer Series 520W (HCG-520) hasn't been discontinued yet. This one should be your choice, if budget is a concern.

Its +12 Volt continuous current rating of 40 Amps is the highest of the three PSU models you've listed. It'll have no problem powering a system with a Radeon HD 7950 or a Radeon HD 7870 or a Radeon HD 7850 or a Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) @ 50°C ambient temperature, is the most important factor.
The Corsair V1 is manufactured by CWT (Channel Well Technology) which isn't bad. The V2 is manufactured by SeaSonic which is the best of the best.

The Antec High Current Gamer lineup is manufactured by Delta Electronics which is a name more known in the server and workstation industry. They are excellent.

I would personally go with the Antec since you can't get your hands on a CX500 V2

jrayx

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

Yeah I think i'll go with Antec or Pc P&C, this Antec PSU is being discontinued?

Ah, you're right. The low power High Current Gamer models are actually manufactured by SeaSonic. Good catch

jrayx

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
The antec and Pc P&C Silencer can easly power an AMD Phenom 955 x4 (Stock clock), ASUS M4A785T-M, Samsung Spinpoint 1 TB, 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu and later a XFX 7770 or something like that?

The Antec High Current Gamer Series 520W (HCG-520) hasn't been discontinued yet. This one should be your choice, if budget is a concern.

Its +12 Volt continuous current rating of 40 Amps is the highest of the three PSU models you've listed. It'll have no problem powering a system with a Radeon HD 7950 or a Radeon HD 7870 or a Radeon HD 7850 or a Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) @ 50°C ambient temperature, is the most important factor.

Solution

InvalidError

Titan

50C is a little excessive since nearly nobody would want to turn their computer on and be anywhere near it when ambient (or "hot-box") temperature is anywhere near that high.