NAV and SP2 ????

Any way I can get my NAV 2003 to work with WXP SP2? I cannot live
update any more. It hangs up. Bummer!

Thanks
11 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    If your NAV 2003 subscription expired, you'll
    have to renew it with Symantec.

    Symantec Subscriptions Services Troubleshooter
    http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust502/Prod_2/KnowledgePortal/KPScripts/frameskp.asp?sid=6840521&ds=nh21.nohold.net

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "geezer" wrote:

    | Any way I can get my NAV 2003 to work with WXP SP2? I cannot live
    | update any more. It hangs up. Bummer!
    |
    | Thanks

    You can try a full version of Panda Antivirus free for 30 days.
    http://www.pandasoftware.com/home/default.asp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "geezer" wrote:

    | I conclude from your comments that I should forget NAV in favor of
    | something else? Okay - It's just money!
    |
    | Of course, if I opt for another company's AV, then Gil Bates will
    | then undo it with SP3. Autonomous software is wunnerful!
    |
    | In another field, such as autos, one might sue!
    |
    | Thanks

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:58:11 -0600, "Carey Frisch [MVP]"
    <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote:

    >If your NAV 2003 subscription expired, you'll
    >have to renew it with Symantec.
    >
    >Symantec Subscriptions Services Troubleshooter
    >http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust502/Prod_2/KnowledgePortal/KPScripts/frameskp.asp?sid=6840521&ds=nh21.nohold.net

    Nice! Except the URL won't work for me! Wants me to launch from the
    'original site'. Yeh right!

    Thanks anyway.

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:14:11 -0400, "Anando [MS-MVP]"
    <anando@mvps.org> wrote:

    >You can try AVG Free version...for free !!
    >
    >http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php

    Okay - I downloaded it, installed it, and it seems to be working. Why
    can't I download updates? I get error saying my connection is bad,
    but I am on line all time outside of AVG.

    Thanks

    That happens sometimes due to excessive load on the AVG update servers.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "geezer" <wee@willy.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:14:11 -0400, "Anando [MS-MVP]"
    > <anando@mvps.org> wrote:
    >
    >>You can try AVG Free version...for free !!
    >>
    >>http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php
    >

    > Okay - I downloaded it, installed it, and it seems to be working. Why
    > can't I download updates? I get error saying my connection is bad,
    > but I am on line all time outside of AVG.
    >
    > Thanks

    On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:19:15 -0400, "Anando [MS-MVP]"
    <anando@mvps.org> wrote:

    >That happens sometimes due to excessive load on the AVG update servers.

    Just tried it again - same problem - even though it is early AM here.

    Thanks

    On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:47:25 -0500, "Homer J. Simpson"
    <root@127.0.0.1> wrote:

    >Bad analogy. You don't perform "upgrades" on your car every six months.
    >Maintenance doesn't change functionality. Service packs aren't for
    >"maintenance", at least not in same sense as "performing maintenance work"
    >on your car...
    >
    >IMO. :-)

    Really? I don't perform 'upgrades' on my car because fortunately it
    doesn't need them. On the other hand, I can think of many maintenance
    things that do indeed affect functionality. Adding a lock washer to
    prevent a critical connector from coming loose certainly could make my
    car cease to function. But I don't recall Ford telling me to come in
    to get the washer and put it on myself.

    How many users do you think there are out there that are completely
    'lost' when it comes to understanding the implications of SP2? How
    many users are out there who have no concept of how to understand and
    download an upgrade and apply it? I've had them laugh in my face,
    saying you gotta be kidding. Keeps me in business however.

    It seems to me that a new installation CD containing all current SP
    items is completely reasonable to expect MS to make and provide to all
    REGISTERED owners along with the capability to do an installation
    'update'. One could look on such an operation as a recall. In fact,
    WXP is still be being sold without any SP's even though SP1 and SP2
    have been out for a long time.

    Whew!

    Sorry to get carried away. I've gone to bed.

    Cya

    You raise perfectly valid points.

    But I do maintain that MS publishing a service pack is more akin to a car
    company doing a recall than yourself (or other qualified people) doing
    'regular maintenance', and to this end I think the analogy is valid--if
    you're not qualified to even do regular maintenance yourself, you go to your
    dealer or a local shop.

    Ok, no point in further arguing whether the analogy was correct or not...I'm
    starting to confuse myself. :-p

    On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:30:54 GMT, geezer <wee@willy.com> wrote:

    >It seems to me that a new installation CD containing all current SP
    >items is completely reasonable to expect MS to make and provide to all
    >REGISTERED owners along with the capability to do an installation
    >'update'.

    Not from M$ but you can build your own by creating a SlipStreamed
    installation disk from your existing XP installation dosk plus a copy
    of the downloadable SP2 file.

    Just to mention a few.....
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/slipstreamed_xpsp2_cd.htm
    http://www.msfn.org/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=49
    http://www.neowin.net/articles.php?action=more&id=94

    Regards,
  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    As of now, it is working fine here.

    --

    > On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:19:15 -0400, "Anando [MS-MVP]"
    > <anando@mvps.org> wrote:
    >
    >>That happens sometimes due to excessive load on the AVG update servers.
    >

    > Just tried it again - same problem - even though it is early AM here.
    >
    > Thanks
  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 00:28:18 -0400, "Anando [MS-MVP]"
    <anando@mvps.org> wrote:

    >As of now, it is working fine here.

    This AM I tried to do the Update Download five times. Four times it
    failed trying to connect. Once it failed in middle of download.

    AGHHHH