Sign in with
Your question

HELP!! graphics card for FPS gaming

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 9, 2012 9:49:12 AM

Hello,
i bought a hp pavillion dv7 entertainment pc like a year ago and my gaphics card just crashed.. the graphics is AMD radeon 4500.. i play some fps games like sudden attack and counter strike. which graphics card should i switch to?
a c 291 U Graphics card
April 9, 2012 9:52:06 AM

What's your budget? Did your old graphics card satisfy your needs?
m
l
April 9, 2012 10:03:33 AM

my old graphics were okay, but it crashed -_- i just dont want it to crash again . my budget is around 300~400 dollars.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 9, 2012 10:12:17 AM

Isn't Pavilion DV7 a laptop?

No, you can't change the GPU on that particular laptop.
m
l
April 9, 2012 10:14:34 AM

yeah it is.. but it crashed.. so couldnt i get it fixed?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 9, 2012 10:19:13 AM

Try reinstalling the driver. That should take care of driver related issues. If it is hardware overheat problem, try cleaning the cooling (intake, fan and exhaust). That's pretty much all you can do unless you want to change the entire mobo. How much did you pay for it?
m
l
April 9, 2012 10:24:36 AM

Pyree said:
Try reinstalling the driver. That should take care of driver related issues. If it is hardware overheat problem, try cleaning the cooling (intake, fan and exhaust). That's pretty much all you can do unless you want to change the entire mobo. How much did you pay for it?

i tried everything.... i bought it "refurbished" so i bought it for like $700??
i sent it already for repair to korea. (I live in Saipan Northern marianas Islands so i bought it off the web and there are no hp shops in this place) i just thought the graphics could be changed.. sorry im a girl so im not much of a techy :p 
m
l
April 9, 2012 10:28:21 AM

my screen turns green and black with some colors. i dunno what to do!! T^T
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 9, 2012 10:39:00 AM

wkd10033 said:
sorry im a girl so im not much of a techy :p 

It's ok, you don't have to. We have both male and female users here ranging from novice to expert. You are not the only one.

wkd10033 said:
i sent it already for repair to korea.

wkd10033 said:
my screen turns green and black with some colors. i dunno what to do!! T^T

Like green and black specks of small square/rectangle distributed randomly on the screen? That's sounds like hardware problem. So it is already sent to Korea? Let them give you a quote first. If it is over $400 (the price you are willing to pay), including shipping, parts and labour, then buy a new one. Sorry for your loss.
m
l
April 9, 2012 10:44:21 AM

the computer has a 1 year warranty but i dont know if its expired. I don't think the costs really matters right now. My screen is just all green and black but i can still see the icons in the screen.. hmm like the matrix numbers stuff? like green and black all over. do i really have to change the whole mother board? I really don't want to buy a new one because i only used it for a year. T^T
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 9, 2012 11:00:12 AM

Let hope its still under warranty. Unfortunately that's just the way the industry is like now. They give you 1 year warranty and the consumer is expected to get 1 year of usage out of it.
m
l
!