Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How hot is hot CPU heat question

Last response: in Components
October 5, 2012 2:00:02 AM

Hello,
Just put together a rig and got past POST, yeah.. So what.?
Next going thru the UeFi setup utility and saw the temp of MB as 30 and cpu at 34 is that normal for my rig to be at that temp 15 mins after boot up with nothing being stressed? What s the high temp of an i5 1350k before OC? Mitch appreciated for any insight given.

Best solution

a c 283 à CPUs
October 5, 2012 2:22:39 AM

I'm guessing you mean that it's a 3570K, but yes, those temps are absolutely perfect, actually.

You should be aware that the CPU is actually under a bit of load in the BIOS, and not at true idle because the power saving features aren't active. You won't see true idle temps until you go into to Windows where the power saving features are active.

In any case, as I said, 34C in the BIOS is about as perfect as you'll get.

Edit: All you really need to worry about is max temp, in general (idle temps don't matter at all, really), and Intel's recommended max is 67C. That's not the absolute max, but it's just Intel's recommended max for longevity.

Honestly, you can go a good bit over 67C and still be safe, but I'd personally stay below 80C.

The absolute max is 105C (for the cores), and that's when it'll throttle.
October 12, 2012 1:29:22 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
I'm guessing you mean that it's a 3570K, but yes, those temps are absolutely perfect, actually.

You should be aware that the CPU is actually under a bit of load in the BIOS, and not at true idle because the power saving features aren't active. You won't see true idle temps until you go into to Windows where the power saving features are active.

In any case, as I said, 34C in the BIOS is about as perfect as you'll get.

Edit: All you really need to worry about is max temp, in general (idle temps don't matter at all, really), and Intel's recommended max is 67C. That's not the absolute max, but it's just Intel's recommended max for longevity.

Honestly, you can go a good bit over 67C and still be safe, but I'd personally stay below 80C.

The absolute max is 105C (for the cores), and that's when it'll throttle.

Sorry for the mis-quote on the Processor. I really appreciate your feedback. very informative. I'll get tuning and tweaking and see what other Q's I have for you genius's! :ange: 
Score
Related resources
October 12, 2012 1:29:44 AM

Best answer selected by Haggismuncher.
Score
a c 998 à CPUs
October 14, 2012 8:00:31 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!