Best processor under....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProVisionOman

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Hellow.
I wish to build a new computer. NOT for myself but for a relative. She will be only surfing the mighty interwebs and watching some YouTube and office and so on and so forth. SHE WILL NOT BE GAMING. Neither video editing. Just those uptop. Which CPU should she get? (The cheaper the better PLEASE)

Solution
well good cpu with good enough gpu to so nice picture smoothly an amd Apu trinity or llano. for basic use a A8 trinity will work or llano A6 at least a quad core, i know its basic use but a dual core will be out dated soon. The trinity A6s are dual cores and so the llano and trinity A4s, where the A8s and A10s are all quad cores, and so is a llano A6, difference is the generation the llanos are FM1 and trinity FM2. cheapest motherboard ranges from $50-60 and if a quad core apu it'll go from $75-130 matters on choice, 4gb of ram $20, case+psu in one $50 total parts wise no hdd, windows,keyboard,mouse,monitor lowest about $195 with llano A6 and $50 motherboard, highend which means an A10 and $60 motherboard about $260. Ram prices can be...
well good cpu with good enough gpu to so nice picture smoothly an amd Apu trinity or llano. for basic use a A8 trinity will work or llano A6 at least a quad core, i know its basic use but a dual core will be out dated soon. The trinity A6s are dual cores and so the llano and trinity A4s, where the A8s and A10s are all quad cores, and so is a llano A6, difference is the generation the llanos are FM1 and trinity FM2. cheapest motherboard ranges from $50-60 and if a quad core apu it'll go from $75-130 matters on choice, 4gb of ram $20, case+psu in one $50 total parts wise no hdd, windows,keyboard,mouse,monitor lowest about $195 with llano A6 and $50 motherboard, highend which means an A10 and $60 motherboard about $260. Ram prices can be lower and prob a case+psu combo, im just rough estimating from what i've seen on newegg.

Solution

ProVisionOman

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

Yeah I know all this stuff. But All iGPUs can watch YouTube can they? :p Thanks anyways! And yes.. Preferably Gigabyte because of local shop.

yes but as i said with getting a quad core, its future proof and the apu igpu and quad core if it doesnt die should last just on basic use for a while. The intel i3 igpu would be suciffcient as well but costs more but my motherboard form 2009 with its built in graphics can do the same, but even an am3 dual core/tri/quad will still range $60+

NoUserBar

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Yeah if it's just youtube, the lowest end trinity would probably work. That's only a bit less then $60, although honestly I can't seem to find trinity parts other than the higher end ones. :|

Although a little step up couldn't hurt either. $72 dollar trinity? All of those are cheaper than Intel alternatives.

But the cheapest would be llano. Although the lowest cheapest end llano would be a lot slower.

ProVisionOman

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

Thanks.. Trinity it IS! YEAH! What about a 6100? Or is a bulldozer even bad for that simple uses?

NoUserBar

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Bulldozer would be fine as well for her, it just doesn't have any sort of on-board graphics.

wait... Wasn't there another post here?! Did it get deleted I could have sworn this post was a response to another..

Ignore this post then :/

well as before the if ur going for the cheapest an fx six core def wouldnt be the way to go, and really the fx bulldozer cpus rnt bad its just when compared to other cpus like intels i3/i5 etc and phenoms II. People who use an fx cpu doesnt notice how "bad" people say it is. good future proof but cost wise no. except in clock rate wise and what non gaming/editing program requires six cores? lol

ProVisionOman

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

Maybe your internet disconnected hah xD

ProVisionOman

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

Yes but I want to get this off a local shop. So dont get be digged up stuff PLEASE lol.

Def, like the choice of motherboard, not sure how good it is as fm2 just released but no oc no major load or anything should work great, i prefer asus over some other brands lol. and that A8 will prob be overkill for basic use but its all about its capability to last. and of course cost, spending the little extra so it last longer will def be worth it.

NoUserBar

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011

ProVisionOman

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

Okay! But am going Gigabyte because of local shop.

ProVisionOman

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

Good point. DAMNIT No ASRock in local shop. Well thanks! Will look for USB3 THAAANKS!

ProVisionOman

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

Yeah but no need for AM3+ Trinity is better enough CPU/GPU Horses for maybe 3 years.

NoUserBar

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Ah, I know you said your relative won't be gaming, but if you want to make full use of the APU in the future, faster ram would help a lot. 1600 removes most of the bottleneck, but 1333 at least I think.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820139997 Is just as expensive but faster. Proly know that though..

If this is a hand me down in the future it might be useful to have faster ram xD. I have a hand-me-down computer.

And yeah you upped the cpu on that new list... I thought that was what ProVisionOman wanted though, so I didn't comment on it lol

ProVisionOman

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

Well :D But the A10 is better than the A8. 30$ isnt much lol. Well thanks on the RAM Idea! Will try 1600.. But its kinda expensive. But now no need to hurry! 1333 is MORE than enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.