Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Cpu and starcraft 2

Last response: in CPUs
October 5, 2012 9:36:44 AM

I have a a6-3670k apu and i have a dedicated graphics card, and i was just wondering why it sets my cinematics on low when i have a 2.7 quadcore? i read the information on the settings and it say's it bases it off your cpu.

pc specs:
cpu: a6-3670k apu 2.7 quad
mobo: gigabyte a75-ud4h
Ram: 2 corsair vengeance 4 gigs a piece
hdd: western digital 500 gig
gpu: radeon hd 6670
psu: 650 watt antec

More about : cpu starcraft

a b à CPUs
October 5, 2012 10:42:46 AM

Star Craft2 is heavily CPU bound, this is where AMD current architectures will struggle a bit, another thing is that the Llano is a low powered chip so its packing less than half the compute power in a full Bulldozer hence why it may struggle with higher settings.
m
l
October 5, 2012 10:54:14 AM

thanks for the help, what do you think i can get for my board that would be a good upgrade? its a FM1 socket.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
October 5, 2012 12:13:17 PM

What kind of budget are you looking at? I would keep your essentials like Drives, chassis, power supply etc.

It will now depend on how much you will be looking at spending on Motherboard/CPU/RAM.

You may be able to get around $150 for board, RAM and chip but that would be a guess.

m
l
October 5, 2012 3:41:53 PM

right now i'm unemployed i was just curious if there was a better processor i could get for my current board thats better than the a6. Eventually i'll get a different mobo but this is what i'm stuck with for now
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 5, 2012 4:52:43 PM

A8-3870K
m
l

Best solution

October 5, 2012 5:08:15 PM

bulletskillm3 said:
right now i'm unemployed i was just curious if there was a better processor i could get for my current board thats better than the a6. Eventually i'll get a different mobo but this is what i'm stuck with for now

I don't think you should upgrade the CPU alone unless you can sell your current one for a good price because 3870k is not that much better compared to 3670k. You'll be better off waiting untill you can afford to upgrade both motherboard and CPU at the same time. Or if you're interested in overclocking head out to the OC subforum.
a b à CPUs
October 5, 2012 5:14:27 PM

Ditto, persist with your current setup and upgrade to something more definitive later on, rushing is the worst thing to do.
m
l
October 5, 2012 6:05:37 PM

thank you for all the help its nice to get some good advice finally this was my first build and i'm still learning. i'm glad i found this site
m
l
October 5, 2012 6:08:07 PM

Best answer selected by bulletskillm3.
m
l
a c 112 à CPUs
October 5, 2012 6:31:52 PM

the only real upgrade worth the money on that platform is the A10 but it wont add much because it really is dependant on the onboard gpu to get a fair wack of its overall cpu performance. 1s you disable the onboard gpu for a dedicated gfx card you will loose a fair bit of performance (citation needed)... somewhere near 20% on some applications.
if your motherboard supports a hybrid aproach where you can leave the gpu on the cpu active even when your using a dedicated gfx card you may not loose as much but to be honest the whole idea of liano was to replace the gfx card all together so when you use 1 you pay a penalty...
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 5, 2012 7:02:54 PM

AMD's HSA vision intends putting a high end CPU with Full Radeon GPU after 2014.
m
l
!