Sign in with
Your question

Gtx 680 problem display driver has stopped working

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 9, 2012 4:20:00 PM

hi guys

i got a small problem, when browsing the web and generaly nto gaming, the driver crashes, the screen goes blank and then restarts, it does not happen often at all and gaming runs very nice. it cant be the drivers as i have update dthem reinstalled them. cant be the psu i have a good brand psu 750.

it might be the msi after burner they are on default right now, but the default is quite high, the memeory is clocked at 3000mhz. when lowering them, the message comes back and the screen loses colour. I dont want to play with things i dont understand so a little help would go realy far.

Thank you guys
April 9, 2012 4:31:54 PM

after looking at the logs the memoery clocks hit 3000mhz on youtube??? why so high is that normal and i also read somewhere cant remember where firfox miught be the culprit what do you guys think?
April 9, 2012 4:39:13 PM

i dont understand when i open something like steam or youtube it suddenly shoots up to 3000 mhz is that normal
Related resources
April 9, 2012 4:42:39 PM

Your GPU memory is supposed to be clocked in like this, if not higher. If you have been overclocking I would suggest reverting to normal clocks and then running FurMark for a while to make sure there are no problems with your GPU. Twelve hours should suffice at standard clocks. Lastly, what is the exact model of the card? I need to know so I can Google your answer ;P
April 9, 2012 4:48:45 PM

msi geeforce gtx 680, i didn't oc anything even my 2600k is at stock. On msi afterburner the MHZ is maxed on 3000 by default which i thought is quite high but maybe because its new on the market
April 9, 2012 4:51:23 PM

unclejehmimah said:
Your GPU memory is supposed to be clocked in like this, if not higher. If you have been overclocking I would suggest reverting to normal clocks and then running FurMark for a while to make sure there are no problems with your GPU. Twelve hours should suffice at standard clocks. Lastly, what is the exact model of the card? I need to know so I can Google your answer ;P

higher than 3000mhz? my wifes graphic card a 6870 does around 1000
April 9, 2012 5:01:10 PM

I have an EVGA 680 with no problems at all, sure if I overclock it a ton it will stop responding on 3dmark11 or Unigine. If your card is doing this at stock speeds SEND IT BACK, RMA, DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!!! I joke but this is no joke, if my 500 dollar card stopped working I would be highly disappointed, send it back to newegg or MSI and get another ASAP! I agree with unclejehmimah, at the very least run stress tests for a few hours and see what comes up. Also what are the rest of your specs? How hot is your Rig getting?
April 9, 2012 5:06:50 PM

its ultra cool after gaming on battlefield for a few hours, its around 40 C.

i dont think there a problem with the graphics card, this only happens when idle, and i think i found the solution.

in nvidia control panel for firefox i put it in performance mode under the power display, oddly enough its working fine now i found the solution on another forum, their advice seemed to work

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadi...
April 9, 2012 5:08:59 PM

MANOFKRYPTONAK said:
I have an EVGA 680 with no problems at all, sure if I overclock it a ton it will stop responding on 3dmark11 or Unigine. If your card is doing this at stock speeds SEND IT BACK, RMA, DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!!! I joke but this is no joke, if my 500 dollar card stopped working I would be highly disappointed, send it back to newegg or MSI and get another ASAP! I agree with unclejehmimah, at the very least run stress tests for a few hours and see what comes up. Also what are the rest of your specs? How hot is your Rig getting?

on a side not what are you memory clock mhz at stock
!