Which system would be better for gaming and everyday use?

I am considering to buy one of these systems for moderate gaming and basic everyday use.Please don't suggest building a system.
The Alienware X51 desktop
intel i7-3770, 3.4 GHz
8GB DDR3
330W External power supply
1Gb GDDR5 geforce gtx 555
1 Tb hard drive
Its priced around $1149

or this system
intel i7-3770, 3.4Ghz
8GB DDR3
6ooW power supply unit
2GB GDDR5 radeon hd 7770
1 Tb hard drive
Price $1069
8 answers Last reply
More about which system gaming everyday
  1. I vote for the second one since I can't suggest building a system! (You could build a much better system than both for $1200)
  2. I guess if I had to choose between those two then the second one would be better I think. The reason I'm not sure is because the only GTX 555 I know of is the 555m and it's a mobile cpu. Plus it comes with a 330w External power supply ? External ?
    The second build is a good Pc but wouls be even better with a better video card , all the other parts are good and would make a good Pc build and here's the thing; the first build is $1149 and if you take the parts of the second build and add a better video card you would then be up to the price of the first build.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclock-radeon-hd-7970-core-i5,3210.html
  3. 2nd one for sure.

330 watt isn't much either..
  4. 2nd one is WAY more better than the first, though your falling for the trap that companies sell you an i7 when as a typical gamer will almost never use an i7's hyper threading capability as its more in line with editing work.

tl;dr 2nd one is better. though your overpaying for an i7 when that money could easily go to something else in the computer

i.e: cyberpowerpc is a common outlet for customizing and letting them build the computer for you
  5. Would you take any suggestions for alternative pre-built systems for a similar price.
  6. moornix said:
    Would you take any suggestions for alternative pre-built systems for a similar price.

sure
  7. inzone said:

It's better if you take that design and use Cyberpowerpc.com to assemble it. They'll build it and provide a 3 year limited Warranty.

Consider this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229336

Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz
    8GB DDR3 1333
    1TB SATA-III 6.0 Gb/s 7200RPM
    AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-e Graphics
    Corsair Carbide 300R Gaming Case
    Intel B75 Chipset
    w/mouse and keyboard
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Gaming Intel i7 Systems Product