Sign in with
Your question

Pink line down the side of screen

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 9, 2012 4:28:26 PM

I recently changed the resolution on my computer to a more eye comfortable setting (1360x768). After changing the resolution i noticed there was a pink line down the left side of my screen. The line is one pixel wide. The line is only really noticeable when the screen is dark. If i change the resolution back the line is gone but the resolution is not comfortable for my eyes. Is there anyway of making the line disappear because i really like the 1360x768 resolution but the line is really annoying.

I use a 32" Samsung LCD TV for the computer. I dont think there is a problem with the TV itself as i use it for xbox and sky and there is no line present when using these. Im beginning to worry that is is graphics card related. The system is only 4 months old.

Thank you for any help in advance.

Also my system specs are:

Asus M5A88M EVO motherboard
12GB corsair DDR3 1666Mhz RAM
Sapphire Radeon 6870 1GB
Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK Builder Series 600W Power Supply
AMD Phenom II x6 1055T overclocked by AMD to 3.2Ghz
LG super multi DVD drive
Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm hard drive
Windows 7 professional 64 bit

More about : pink line side screen

a b U Graphics card
April 9, 2012 4:51:49 PM

This is hardly a GPU problem, it certainly looks much more as a TV incompatibility, if this is not the native resolution use the native resolution, otherwise try fixing the screen position and see if that fix this problem, you should always use your screen native resolution.
April 12, 2012 4:14:08 PM

Thanks for the reply. I found a new resolution that looks pretty similar to the last one however it does not show a pink line anymore.

Thanks again :) 
!