Sign in with
Your question

My 5770 HD reaches 85C but can't clean it

Last response: in Components
October 5, 2012 11:47:33 AM

I have a gigabytes super OC 5770 HD and it reaches temperatures as high as 85-90C even in games like hawx!
I read about it this and many people stated that this is usually because of the dust and mine is pretty dusty . I wanted to clean it but can't find any compressed air in Egypt , so i was wondering what can i use as an alternative . I have heard of vacuum cleaner and hair dryer but many people say they are harmful due to the static and temperature (although in the hair dryer i can turn ions off and put it on cold mode so i don't know why it is still harmful?) , so what should i do?

More about : 5770 reaches 85c clean

a b ) Power supply
October 5, 2012 11:58:13 AM

moar said:
I have a gigabytes super OC 5770 HD and it reaches temperatures as high as 85-90C even in games like hawx!
I read about it this and many people stated that this is usually because of the dust and mine is pretty dusty . I wanted to clean it but can't find any compressed air in Egypt , so i was wondering what can i use as an alternative . I have heard of vacuum cleaner and hair dryer but many people say they are harmful due to the static and temperature (although in the hair dryer i can turn ions off and put it on cold mode so i don't know why it is still harmful?) , so what should i do?

things that you can use to clean a pc. (colomen bed inflator or air pump) a shop vac set to blow not suck. an air compressor with paint or air too attachment. (leaf blower will work too). just do it outside as the dust is going to go everywhere.
m
l
October 5, 2012 11:59:46 AM

You can't find compressed air? Search for any electronics store, even local grocery stores, hardware stores ect stock it.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
October 5, 2012 11:59:56 AM

Take the card out of the case and use the hair dryer in cold mode.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
October 5, 2012 12:08:01 PM

take a bike pump, use the needle attachment, and pump air to where you need it
m
l
!