680 is really an outstanding card in my opinion and worth $500 and here is why:
1. Best FPS to $ ratio right now
2. Fater than two 570s in SLI- which cost about 275 right now new.
3. Mine idles in machine at 26 degrees Celsius and gets to 50 after gaming on it for 5-6 hours.
4. Uses little power
5. 2d and 3d surround off of one card
6. Adaptive Vsync- I really like this piece of software
7. FXAA- I notice a huge difference in games like SWTOR, enabling this in the control panel, graphics always look much better.
8. When you need more power these will be much cheaper and you can SLI.
9. Not out yet but 4 gigs of VRAM is awesome, 1 gig for every monitor if you run four, 1.33 for each if you run three! Tons of power!!!