Sign in with
Your question
Solved

EVGA GTX 560 Superclocked vs. EVGA GTX 560 ti

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 9, 2012 6:49:05 PM

I'm picking out parts for my first build. I plan on buying all the parts in the next month or two.
I was looking at these two discrete GPUs, and need some advice.

EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 560:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

What are the differences in these cards? As far as I can tell, the only difference is the Ti has 48 more Processor Cores. If that is the only difference, is it really worth $30-$40 more?
I do plan on OC whichever card I get and will most likely do SLI.

I will be playing in 1920x1080 resolution (possibly adding another monitor in a few months), and will be playing games like BF3, Skyrim, Bioshock, Guild Wars 2, Left 4 Dead, etc.

So far, the parts I've decided on for my build:
i5-2500k (Which I plan on OC)
8GB RAM
750w Rosewill PSU
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler
ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 or GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3 or ASUS P8Z77-V (Haven't quite decided yet)

Any thoughts on the build or the GPU would be GREATLY appreciated :) 

Also, would it be worth it to get the i5-3570k when it comes out in 2 weeks? It seems the real difference is the integrated graphics, but since I'm getting a discrete card or 2, would it really matter?
April 9, 2012 7:06:12 PM

Neither of those cards is going to be enough to game at that resolution with full settings. The 560 will quickly fade out as the lower-end versions of the current generation of graphics cards get separated into their entry-level spots. With the amount of power your psu has, you'd be safe getting a gtx 570, or amd 7870 to sli or crossfire later. Those cards will last a good while.
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
April 9, 2012 7:06:32 PM

The 560Ti is actually a decent jump over the 560, although it's nothing amazing. You'll notice it in BF3, Skyrim, etc.

I'm not sure but I think the 560Ti also has a little more OCing headroom, the 560 being little more than an updated 460 at higher clocks.

As for the CPU, there is no need for anything more than the 2500k for gaming because it's just so damn good. Plus the integrated graphics (Intel 4000?) won't be that good and probably won't even work at the same time as your card(s). So stick with the 2500. That said if you get the Z77 mobo it might be worth getting the Ivy bridge, and that uses less power too.

Looks like a fairly solid build, although I'd discuss the Rosewill PSU with someone because Idk what Rosewill are like.

Go for the ASUS P8Z77-V I think. Personally I have had horrible experience with Gigabyte. For the ram, look at Corsair Vengeance, G.Skill Ripjaw, or Kingston HyperX ram at at least 1600mHz.

Last suggestion from me is to wait a bit with the GPU and get a GTX660Ti when it comes out - GTX580 power for (give or take) GTX560Ti costs apparently.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 9, 2012 7:21:36 PM

dual monitor is just a waist of money for gaming...save that money and put it towards GTX 680 if you can get one.

The best thing is 30" and 680...no dual or triple BS monitors setups...
m
l
April 9, 2012 7:35:17 PM

Best answer selected by thehritzinator.
m
l
!