Solved

XFX HD 6770 PSU req?

After a few days of ENDLESS RESEARCH on the computer... I have FINALLY decided that I'm going to get a HD 6770. During those research hours, I check on the amd site and it said HD6770 min requirement for the psu is a 450watt. But on the XFX site, I said the gpu requires 500watt. I do NOT want to replace my PSU again because I recently bought this PSU. I will be playing games really demanding such as BF3,skyrim and Need for speed. Do you think I can run it perfectly fine on full load?

I have this psu: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182075

The GPU im going to get : http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150540
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 6770
  1. yes it will handle the gpu normally, it only requires one PCI-e 6 pin connector that the psu does have and 450w is more than enough for that video card, also that psu is not bad.
  2. Best answer selected by fengpwns.
  3. You will run that card without problems, even if you have a small processor and just 1 or 2HDD, not many fans and stuff conected to the PSU you can andle a 6850. Good luck sir :)
  4. Best answer
    For a system using a single Radeon HD 6770 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 450 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 25 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important factor.

The Rosewill Stallion Series 450W (RD450-2-DB), with its maximum combined +12 Volt current rating of 28 Amps and with one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector, is sufficient to power your system configuration with a single Radeon HD 6770.

Power supplies that only have a very short 1-Year warranty would worry me. Industry standard warranty period for reputable power supply brands is 3-Years. The OEM for the Rosewill Stallion Series 450W (RD450-2-DB), Solytech, is not known for making reliable power supplies which explains the very short warranty period. If that power supply blows up you'll know why.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards HD Graphics