Sign in with
Your question

Display Scrambled during POST

Last response: in Components
October 5, 2012 3:12:43 PM

Hi,

Recently I came across a strange problem with my System. When I'm booting up the system, the display is scrambled and the system freezes and I cannot even enter the BIOS setup. My RAM is a DDR 512 MB Ram.
I tried the following,
1. Swapped the RAM slots, yet the problem persisted
2. Removed the RAM and heard the consecutive beep sound heard suring RAM Error.

What may be the cause of the problem?

Attached the display with this post - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53681371/screen.jpg

More about : display scrambled post

October 5, 2012 3:44:53 PM

what did you do to suddenly have this start happening? what's different now, than before this issue?
m
l
October 5, 2012 3:59:01 PM

DDR 512 MB Ram sound like a very old system? From the picture i would guess it's the graphics card. You can try to take it out and back in. Maybe some cleaning helps. And of caue check the VGA cable.
m
l
Related resources
October 5, 2012 4:34:12 PM

I don't have any graphic card installed. It uses onboard VGA port. Yehh its a old system but worked fine till yesterday.
m
l
October 6, 2012 9:31:32 AM

dingo07 said:
what did you do to suddenly have this start happening? what's different now, than before this issue?

It started suddenly i did nothing. One morning I found out this problem. No hardware or software was added or removed.
m
l
October 6, 2012 2:11:17 PM

Have you tried using another cable? That's sometimes what you get from having a loose cable connection or bad cable.
m
l
October 6, 2012 2:13:28 PM

dingo07 said:
Have you tried using another cable? That's sometimes what you get from having a loose cable connection or bad cable.

The Monitor is ok, tested with another PC !
m
l
October 6, 2012 3:25:23 PM

Well, sounds like it's time for a new motherboard, memory and processor then!
m
l
October 9, 2012 7:31:36 AM

Well, the problem is solved. It was caused due to a defective RAM. Replaced RAM and everything works fine now. Cheers !
:D  :D 
m
l
October 9, 2012 12:46:00 PM

You should still build a new computer and leave the dinosaur in the museum!
m
l
!