Sign in with
Your question

Will this build work? (Digital Design Build)

Last response: in Systems
June 7, 2012 5:06:35 PM

I'm making a new build for my sister to use for her digital design career and wondering if this'll do. It's also a home PC, so she'll be using it for normal internet browsing and the like. Possible gaming on the side, but not too heavy. What i'm going for with this build is top performance with graphics. This is what i've got so far:

Motherboard
Processor
RAM
Hard Drive
Video Card

I mainly want to see if the build will work together and if you recommend any improvements. I'm working on a $1000 budget of which i have $540 left for a computer tower, monitor, mouse and keyboard. Thanks in advance!
June 7, 2012 5:57:56 PM

Your currently paying too much for your memory and your HDD's (and is no longer available) and with that extra a Phenom II X4 will probably be much more suited for the job. Good pick on the video card, it will help the design a lot with NVIDIA's CUDA cores. You could spend more on this build, as $540 is A LOT for a tower, monitor and peripherals, so are you going for multiple monitors or anything? With that you still could by an SSD if you wanted.

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 - $120
Motherboard: ASRock 970DE3/U3S3 AM3+ 770 USB3 SATA 6GB/s - $67
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3 1333MHz - $43
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 7200RPM 6GB/s - $65 with promo code
Video Card: EVGA Superclocked GTX 560 1GB GDDR5 - $160 w/ MIR
!