6600 Loud Ringtone Wanted

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
June 11, 2004 4:22:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

I am still on the lookout for a loud ringtone for my 6600. Only one
suitable I can hear so far is The Drill but its not one I like. Anything
else (including Nightmare Fever) I cannot hear when I am walking in traffic,
in coffee shop or other noisy atmospheres. I have at present had to resort
to purchasing a 3310 for incoming calls. I use an alternative 6230 and sim
for text, wap, gprs, music etc. Its ringtone is no louder, plus I do not
need/want to use those facilities for/on my work phone. Someone help me
please. I feel I have taken a step back by 4 years. Its quite shameful to
see my friend answer her 3310 as soon as she hears it ring. While my
new-fangled phone sits in blind silence each day, only for me to check and
it has several missed calls.

--
The Queen
June 11, 2004 11:43:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

nonono@bigfoot.com had a brainwave and did spout the following:
> I am still on the lookout for a loud ringtone for my 6600. Only one
> suitable I can hear so far is The Drill but its not one I like. Anything
> else (including Nightmare Fever) I cannot hear when I am walking in traffic,
> in coffee shop or other noisy atmospheres. I have at present had to resort
> to purchasing a 3310 for incoming calls. I use an alternative 6230 and sim
> for text, wap, gprs, music etc. Its ringtone is no louder, plus I do not
> need/want to use those facilities for/on my work phone. Someone help me
> please. I feel I have taken a step back by 4 years. Its quite shameful to
> see my friend answer her 3310 as soon as she hears it ring. While my
> new-fangled phone sits in blind silence each day, only for me to check and
> it has several missed calls.

Vibration Alert?
--
www.unlockingshop.co.uk
T610 unlock/unbrand/upgrade - £15

"TheQueen" <nonono@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> I am still on the lookout for a loud ringtone for my 6600.
> --
> The Queen

See my response to the post by tutuuut on 11/06/2004 11.55 "loudness 6600"

-Carl
June 12, 2004 2:31:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

"TheQueen" <nonono@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
| I am still on the lookout for a loud ringtone for my 6600. Only one
| suitable I can hear so far is The Drill but its not one I like. Anything
| else (including Nightmare Fever) I cannot hear when I am walking in
traffic,
| in coffee shop or other noisy atmospheres. I have at present had to
resort
| to purchasing a 3310 for incoming calls. I use an alternative 6230 and
sim
| for text, wap, gprs, music etc. Its ringtone is no louder, plus I do not
| need/want to use those facilities for/on my work phone. Someone help me
| please. I feel I have taken a step back by 4 years. Its quite shameful
| see my friend answer her 3310 as soon as she hears it ring. While my
| new-fangled phone sits in blind silence each day, only for me to check and
| it has several missed calls.
|
| --
| The Queen

I sort of understand what ur going thru.. A 5210, muffled in the pocket and
stuffed so tightly with a 9210 too, makes the sound and vibra useless... 4
miss calls in half an hr of ice skating... hehe.. but atleast my 9210 is
kinda audible enough.. The NMfv tone is freaking loud if u play it in sound
recorder actually.. Mind sending me "the drill"? :)
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 4:09:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

I faced similar problem with the Nokia 6230.

I recorded some sound effects ringtone from the Net that are loud and edited
them to be as loud as possible. I then converted the sound files into MP3
and uploaded them into the 6230.

Except for reminder, all other functions in the 6230 that use ringtones
(incoming call, SMS, clock alarm) can use the MP3 files for ringtones. With
these uploaded MP3 ringtones I'd say my 6230 is now as loud as the Nokia
8250.

If the 6600 can accept MP3s as ringtones, I can send them to you.

Jeff

"TheQueen" <nonono@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> I am still on the lookout for a loud ringtone for my 6600. Only one
> suitable I can hear so far is The Drill but its not one I like. Anything
> else (including Nightmare Fever) I cannot hear when I am walking in
traffic,
> in coffee shop or other noisy atmospheres. I have at present had to
resort
> to purchasing a 3310 for incoming calls. I use an alternative 6230 and
sim
> for text, wap, gprs, music etc. Its ringtone is no louder, plus I do not
> need/want to use those facilities for/on my work phone. Someone help me
> please. I feel I have taken a step back by 4 years. Its quite shameful
> see my friend answer her 3310 as soon as she hears it ring. While my
> new-fangled phone sits in blind silence each day, only for me to check and
> it has several missed calls.
>
> --
> The Queen

Anonymous
June 12, 2004 7:45:32 AM

"Jon" <spam@unlockingshop.co.uk> wrote in message
> nonono@bigfoot.com had a brainwave and did spout the following:
> > I am still on the lookout for a loud ringtone for my 6600. Only one
> > suitable I can hear so far is The Drill but its not one I like.
Anything
> > else (including Nightmare Fever) I cannot hear when I am walking in
traffic,
> > in coffee shop or other noisy atmospheres. I have at present had to
resort
> > to purchasing a 3310 for incoming calls. I use an alternative 6230 and
sim
> > for text, wap, gprs, music etc. Its ringtone is no louder, plus I do
not
> > need/want to use those facilities for/on my work phone. Someone help me
> > please. I feel I have taken a step back by 4 years. Its quite shameful
> > see my friend answer her 3310 as soon as she hears it ring. While my
> > new-fangled phone sits in blind silence each day, only for me to check
and
> > it has several missed calls.
>
> Vibration Alert?
Its on vibrate. Given up on it now. Got motorola v600 as I can pocket the
clamshell or handcarry or wrist carry without looking like a plonker.
Thanks for all your help
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 7:50:11 AM

"tuned by RÄZO" <NOSPAMmillajovovich@softhome.net> wrote in message
> "TheQueen" <nonono@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> | I am still on the lookout for a loud ringtone for my 6600. Only one
> | suitable I can hear so far is The Drill but its not one I like.
Anything
> | else (including Nightmare Fever) I cannot hear when I am walking in
> traffic,
> | in coffee shop or other noisy atmospheres. I have at present had to
> resort
> | to purchasing a 3310 for incoming calls. I use an alternative 6230 and
> sim
> | for text, wap, gprs, music etc. Its ringtone is no louder, plus I do
not
> | need/want to use those facilities for/on my work phone. Someone help me
> | please. I feel I have taken a step back by 4 years. Its quite shameful
> | see my friend answer her 3310 as soon as she hears it ring. While my
> | new-fangled phone sits in blind silence each day, only for me to check
and
> | it has several missed calls.
> |
> | --
> | The Queen
> |

> I sort of understand what ur going thru.. A 5210, muffled in the pocket
and
> stuffed so tightly with a 9210 too, makes the sound and vibra useless... 4
> miss calls in half an hr of ice skating... hehe.. but atleast my 9210 is
> kinda audible enough.. The NMfv tone is freaking loud if u play it in
sound
> recorder actually.. Mind sending me "the drill"? :)

Where would I send "the drill" to???

The Queen
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 7:53:57 AM

"Jeffrey Ong" <ongjeff@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message
> I faced similar problem with the Nokia 6230.
>
> I recorded some sound effects ringtone from the Net that are loud and
edited
> them to be as loud as possible. I then converted the sound files into MP3
> and uploaded them into the 6230.
>
> Except for reminder, all other functions in the 6230 that use ringtones
> (incoming call, SMS, clock alarm) can use the MP3 files for ringtones.
With
> these uploaded MP3 ringtones I'd say my 6230 is now as loud as the Nokia
> 8250.
>
> If the 6600 can accept MP3s as ringtones, I can send them to you.
>
> Jeff

I think my 6600 can, but I am not sure. But I sent earlier txt saying I had
given up on it and bought a motorola v600. My first non-nokia phone in 10
years. But my secondary phone 6230 can certainly do with them. What do I
need to give you to get these. I am not sure how to decipher these email
addresses to be able to reply to you direct. Many thanks.

The Queen
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 12:47:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

I know it's not the solution to a product designed so badly that it can't be
heard to operate, but one side-step solution would be to become reliant on
a bluetooth headset in order to hear the ring, and continue the call.

--
Ian Tindale
Anonymous

| Where would I send "the drill" to???
|
| The Queen

To avrillavigne@ softhome.net.. Thanks.
June 24, 2004 3:30:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

If you are using midi files (poly ring tones) you might want to try
increasing the gain or volume of each track or overall in a midi editor or
if using a recorded .wav file increase the volume of the file in a audio
editor.
I found this helps.
Dave.

!