Lists 3 cards, even though I only have 2

Sekryn

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
I have 2 Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 graphics cards. At one point I had two crossfire bridges connecting them, only to find out recently that I don't actually need two. It would always show three graphics cards listed in the tray icon, even though I only had 2. I also could not open CCC at all through any means. I could only fix my graphics through the tray icon.

I took one bridge out, and it still lists three graphics card. I uninstalled, re-installed (the most up to date version), did DriverSweeper and it still stays the the same. I also can't access CCC still; I can only access graphics options through the tray icon (like before).

Why does this keep happening? I've tried countless times to fix it, but I've always ended up no where. Can someone please help/give me tips?

Any help is greatly appreciated, and thanks for reading this!

Sekryn

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
I guess it's bugged. Those are the kind of bugs that are annoying.. They don't go away with simply reinstalling the software. The only way to fix them is to reinstall windows.

Is that really the only to fix this problem? That's really sad :(

Integrated GPU on the motherboard?

Nope, no integrated GPU on the motherboard.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

I had that problem with ccc and the only way to fix it was to install the drivers that came with the card and to reinstall windows. so your only real option is to reinstall windows if you want to fix that problem cause running old drivers isnt really an options.

also what cpu do you have.

caqde

Distinguished
Let me guess the tray when rightclicked shows 3 HD5670's this is due to the three displays it can output I am guessing if you went into the device manager it would only show two cards. My HD5770 shows 3 devices in the right click menu and I am running one card.

CCC not loading is a completely seperate issue and from experience when it doesn't work it is a pain trying to get it to work again. I'm not sure what causes it to mess up at this point in time. Although reinstalling windows on those machines that had issues seems to fix it.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

your right mine shows 3+2 with integrated graphics.

Sekryn

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
Wierd... Are both cards the same? If an older card is in the 1st slot crossfire does wierd stuff. You always want the newer card to be the main card so that it knows what the older card is.

Yup, both cards are the same, I double checked before buying it. :/

I had that problem with ccc and the only way to fix it was to install the drivers that came with the card and to reinstall windows. so your only real option is to reinstall windows if you want to fix that problem cause running old drivers isnt really an options.

also what cpu do you have.

So installing the drivers from the CD it came with fixed your problem? That's good to hear, but if I install newer drivers (updating them) will that screw everything up again?

Also, I have an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU if that helps.

Let me guess the tray when rightclicked shows 3 HD5670's this is due to the three displays it can output I am guessing if you went into the device manager it would only show two cards. My HD5770 shows 3 devices in the right click menu and I am running one card.

CCC not loading is a completely seperate issue and from experience when it doesn't work it is a pain trying to get it to work again. I'm not sure what causes it to mess up at this point in time. Although reinstalling windows on those machines that had issues seems to fix it.

It really is a pain :(

Ughhh if re-installing Windows is my best bet, then I guess I have no choice. Has CCC worked again for the people that re-installed windows?

cbrunnem

Distinguished