Perfect FULL HD Editing Unit

rizwanak

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
Hi,

I am a freelance video editor. I built a system about 1 and half year ago and took help from the people here at Tom's Hardware. and the system has turned out to be really good. Now i want to build another system and i need some help and guidance. My core reason to build this new one is because i'm usually editing HD videos shot with DSLRs like Canon Mark II and 7D etc. I want to edit the footage in FULL HD without using proxy or offline editing process. I am not concerned about the budget for now. I just want a good system. I guess a 4 core dual xeon processor system would be a good option but any help would mean a lot to me.

Cheers. Looking forward to your replies. :)

rizwanak

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
I'm usually concerned about HD Footage to be cut on full res. without any down scaling for proxy edit. I want to be able to edit and color grade in FULL HD. Apart from that there is no other reason to make this new machine.

rizwanak

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
Well Willard i'm usually focused on Adobe Premiere Production Premium CS5. Which means my work usually revolves around Adobe Premiere and After Effects. Its Mercury Engine natively supports .mov and full HD and doesn't require rendering but it still sometimes stucks during the project. I'm not sure if its because of my Sata 7200RPM HDDs or if there is some other reason. Therefore this time i want to make one which is a perfect thing in this regard.

rizwanak

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
Xlerator... how is it working so far. I though want to spent some extra money on Video Hard Drive 10000RPM or preferably Samsung SSD. and in my case im more of fan for Corsair Vengeance... that is definitely better than the Kingston. Anyways still appreciate your answer.