Sign in with
Your question

Is this graphics card any good?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 9, 2012 10:23:54 PM

Need to know whether or not a XFX ATI Radeon 6570 HD 1GB graphics card is any good ASAP please......

all i'll be using it for is old games (age of empires 2, rome total war, NOLF, minecraft, ect) and rendering 720p videos in sony vegas and photoshop for youtube.....will it handle it?

the motherboard im getting is a Asus M5A97 PRO Motherboard

Yours faithfully
tricolorchutoy

More about : graphics card good

a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
April 9, 2012 10:30:21 PM

Eh, not really.. The lowest card I would recommend is the 7750, which uses around the same amount of power, but is much, much better.
Related resources
April 10, 2012 12:42:03 AM

Its pretty good, its good for what you listed in your post, It wont max out on battlefield 3 or anything (medium to high setting in bf3), i think if you have problems with your card than upgrade it, just ask yourself "Do I REALLY need a new graphics card"
Honestly if it was me i would buy a new card when amd 8000 or nvidia 700 series comes out or april next year
a c 181 U Graphics card
April 10, 2012 1:06:59 AM

What is your budget? If you need to stay under $100.00 then get the 6670. The games you listed are the same games I play and the 6670 will handle them. I have two 550 ti's and they handle them very nice.

But out side of those games like BF3 etc. My cards won't be worth a hoot. If your budget is higher then look into the 6770. I will give you links to both. The 6570 is not the way to go.

However if it is free then try it and see how well it does, and if it falls short then go for any of the cards posted above and the two cards that I suggested. A lot of us have been doing this for a long time. Good luck to you.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...
a c 358 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
April 10, 2012 1:25:20 AM

tricolorchutoy said:
Need to know whether or not a XFX ATI Radeon 6570 HD 1GB graphics card is any good ASAP please......

all i'll be using it for is old games (age of empires 2, rome total war, NOLF, minecraft, ect) and rendering 720p videos in sony vegas and photoshop for youtube.....will it handle it?

Yeah, it'll be fine for old games. Although Minecraft is a recent game with low requirements. The Radeon HD 6570 should be able to handle many games with high quality graphics @ 1920x1080 / 1920x1200 with good performance for games produced up to 2006. Not 2007 though 'cause that's when Crysis came and you would have to lower the graphics to medium quality to get good performance. But most games in 2007 were not as demanding as Crysis.
!