Is AMD CPU with ARM Cores Possible?

Uiop3690

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
Hi;

I was just wondering what would happen if AMD put ARM Pipelines onto it's CPU's. In which could compete against intel in the mobile market, but as
for the peformance market :??: I guess this could be possible in the future.

My idea would have ONE Physical x86 CPU core with multi transactional virtual cores(2/16 per core) with a breakdown of a hierarchy of respectable
memory catches per thread(Virtual from Physical) as grouped "when needed" to form a reliable cpu portion to run x86 CPU instructions.
And then have the ARM Portion with many physical pipelines to run complex instruction sets that the normal x86 CPU cannot run, but keep a
hierarchy of core blocks and catches per core.
Then bring the Brain that will work the computer and manage the relationship between x86 an ARM, and also allow you to connect multipe APU's together
to get higher performance. Tho AMD would have to make their own SoC aside from Intel with their new Broadwell coming out sometime in the future.

This could bring a balance to the competition between Intel and Nvidia!

So what do you think?

Oh I'm not a pro so don't jump on me please :)

NoUserBar

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Well I wonder if AMD is gong to shrink to 20 or 14xm after going 28nm. Since Global Foundries just unveiled that. Global Foundries also just became completely independent of AMD as well, though.

You should do a lot of reading about CPU architectures before the next post!