Desperate Stuttering Problem

G

I have had my computer for about a year now and I haven't had any real issues with it until just recently where my games would start to stutter, I know for sure its not lag for I have impressive internet, one thing I did to try and help was completely uninstall my video drivers then reinstall them to 12.3 which helped the problem only a little bit, I still get the massive stutters normally around the beginning of any multiplayer game but then as the game has had time to run the stutters will slow down to maybe about 5-7 secs apart. My usual FPS are 90 and when ever the stutter hits, it will be a millisecond stutter but enough to affect my opinions on playing games. Recently the stutter hits TF2 the worst for some reason and COD4 has them but is almost the least noticeable. I honestly have tried every thing that I can think of but I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. Help would be most appreciated.

caqde

Distinguished
Well to help narrow down the possible causes. As this seems to be due to some external issue(to the game). Is this issue also prevalent on FPS games that are single player. Also during these times is the HDD case light flickering?

A delay like this is caused by the system having to wait on something either a paged read from the HDD/SSD, or something external to the game requiring a lot of system time like a Virus or even the system waiting for a response from a failing piece of hardware like a Hard Drive. (Even a failing drive that is not currently in use...)

G

I am currently Full Scanning my computer for viruses using avast, I haven't attempted any single player games yet I'll try those out when I'm done scanning which from what I can tell will take a good deal of time.

G

So I was playing the Free open beta for Diablo 3 which was running at I believe 140 fps, but I looked down at the HDD light at it was flickering like crazy so maybe it could be a problem with the Hard Drive, but what could the problem be.

G

no thats not the problem I had problems before even installing avast

sk1939

Distinguished

I have that issue as well, ironically also with an XFX card (6870). I do notice that when it happens (on mine at least) the normally loud GPU fan slows way down like it's waiting for something. I believe that it's driver related (or hope at least).

G

hmm thats a very good theory, but if that is the case then what good it be missing?

G

Its really annoying to since I record videos and put them on YouTube, I can't ever record PC games because of the issue, so I have to mostly record console games

G

I'm defragging right now but I haven't ever reinstalled

Check if it's fixed defragmenting.. If it's not, I'd suggest reinstalling windows, because it's the easiest and fastest way to solve all software related problems. If even it doesn't help, you will you it is hardware that's broken and that you need to call the warranty.