Any good desktop themes with sound for XP Pro?

I've noticed that everywhere I look I can only find Visual Styles for
Windows XP. All the desktop themes I used to download for movies, TV
shows, etc. seem to be made only for Win 95/98 and have the old desktop
style.

Does anyone make desktop themes for Windows XP which include sound files
and animated cursors along with visual styles? I downloaded the software
to change the XP visual styles, and that's cool. But I'd like to be find
some good desktop themes that include ALL the elements for the XP
desktop.

- John

"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the
poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah,
Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says,
Gimme your best shot. I can take it."

- Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China
3 answers Last reply
More about good desktop themes sound

    Did you try a Google search on XP themes?

    > Did you try a Google search on XP themes?

    Yeah, but that only seems to yield sites that feature XP Visual Styles,
    not the full-fledged desktop themes I'm looking for. Does anyone have
    sites that feature the kind of dekstop themes everyone used to make for
    Win 98, with sounds and animated cursors, but for XP?

    My Experience has lead me to create my own Themes. Is all you need to do is
    create all the custom sounds icons and cursors etc.. that you like and then
    save it to your themes directory. C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes

    When you righ click on the desktop goto properties and then click on the
    themes tab. Then click Save As and traverse to this directory, and then
    name your theme. From then on your Theme will be avaiable from the themes
    selection menu.

    Also if you will take a look in C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes you will see
    files that end in .theme Example... MYFavoriteTheme.theme These files
    are totally editable with notepad. I used to use a tool for Win98 that
    would make these themes for you, but I have not found any for XP. XP uses
    different folders for it's themes to work. But here is the good news.. I
    use all the themes I have collected over the years from 95 , 95 plus, 98, 98
    plus and alot of my 98 compatable themes I downloaded from the internet.
    They all follow the same basic principle the text file points to the
    directory, or folder where the sound, icons etc.. are stored. You can look
    at one of the XP themes to use as a guideline and low and behold, you can
    get those old themes working again. There are some exceptions where I found
    the screenSaver may not be WinXP compatable, but that's ok cuz I can just
    use a different one.

    > "Jerry" <NoSpamChiefZeke@MSN.com> wrote in message
    >> Did you try a Google search on XP themes?
    >
    > Yeah, but that only seems to yield sites that feature XP Visual Styles,
    > not the full-fledged desktop themes I'm looking for. Does anyone have
    > sites that feature the kind of dekstop themes everyone used to make for
    > Win 98, with sounds and animated cursors, but for XP?

Configuration Desktops Windows XP