Sign in with
Your question
Solved

AMD or Intel.

Last response: in CPUs
October 6, 2012 2:34:04 AM

Plan on building a new rig but im not sure if I want to keep my AMD 1100t BE or switch to intel.
any thoughts on what I should do and could some one answer my graphics card thread please really debating.

More about : amd intel

a b à CPUs
October 6, 2012 2:37:32 AM

Wait for haswell
a b à CPUs
October 6, 2012 2:38:56 AM

Keep the 1100T for now. It still has a lot of gaming potential, and I doubt it's holding you back. With a single-card setup, you should play games great. Once you go beyond that and try multi-GPU configurations, a more power CPU can help lessen the bottleneck.
Related resources
a c 109 à CPUs
October 6, 2012 3:01:48 AM

Your CPU should be more than enough to hold you off a CPU upgrade for the next year or two. As others have stated before me, I would definitely recommend holding off until Haswell.
October 6, 2012 3:07:05 AM

AbdullahG said:
Keep the 1100T for now. It still has a lot of gaming potential, and I doubt it's holding you back. With a single-card setup, you should play games great. Once you go beyond that and try multi-GPU configurations, a more power CPU can help lessen the bottleneck.

i have had my rig for about 3 years and every time i get a chance to upgrade I either dont have enough and settle for what i can get or lower it to save money on other upgrades. this time around I can drop about 3k on a new rig easy if i want but Im going for fool proof on this. Im going all out and trying for dual cards been a single card player for too long and I want to see what its about.
a c 109 à CPUs
October 6, 2012 3:09:50 AM

Socom3988 said:
i have had my rig for about 3 years and every time i get a chance to upgrade I either dont have enough and settle for what i can get or lower it to save money on other upgrades. this time around I can drop about 3k on a new rig easy if i want but Im going for fool proof on this. Im going all out and trying for dual cards been a single card player for too long and I want to see what its about.

If you're ready to invest $3k into a rig, get an X79 platform. It'll definitely outlast LGA1155 while maintaining some wicked performance.

Best solution

October 6, 2012 3:27:19 AM

I would also agree with the above poster, wait for Haswell.

For dual cards, they're only necessary if you're pushing into the 2560x1920 monitors, or 3k+ resolution, or multi-monitor setups. Dual mid-range cards is usually not advised unless if you have watercooling and plan on doing crazy OC on them.

There isn't a need for a $3k gaming rig unless if you're going for the 120 hz ultra-high resolution and/or multi-monitor setups. Otherwise, spend at most $2k, drop the other $1k in a bank or stocks, and come back and use it for a future rig 3 years from now.
October 6, 2012 3:57:22 AM

A Bad Day said:
I would also agree with the above poster, wait for Haswell.

For dual cards, they're only necessary if you're pushing into the 2560x1920 monitors, or 3k+ resolution, or multi-monitor setups. Dual mid-range cards is usually not advised unless if you have watercooling and plan on doing crazy OC on them.

There isn't a need for a $3k gaming rig unless if you're going for the 120 hz ultra-high resolution and/or multi-monitor setups. Otherwise, spend at most $2k, drop the other $1k in a bank or stocks, and come back and use it for a future rig 3 years from now.

so if you look at my graphics thread I should probly stay with what I have or go for my future rig idea. And what is haswell keep in mind im on a deployment and cant really get up to date omputer mags out here takes a while always a month or 2 behind.
October 6, 2012 4:20:05 AM

I geuss I will stick with single video card then since the highest disply monitor i have is a 1920x1080. also if yu guys would not mind would you take a look at my graphics thread to see what I should do now that I know what to expect from this new cpu I just read up on it
October 6, 2012 4:23:46 AM

Best answer selected by Socom3988.
!