New Antec 450watt psu turns on pc at another house but not mines

Jai28

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
Hello, I brought an antec 450watt psu and tried to use it for a new build. It wouldn't turn anything on after connected to the mobo. To make sure it wasn't a dead psu, I took an old working pc to a friends house, and it powered up the pc right away. The psu will NOT power up this old pc at my house. I suspected a low voltage problem and scheduled for a technician to check power coming into the house. It turns out that I am getting the power I'm suppose to get. I had an electrician check the outlets, and I am gettng the power I'm suppose to get. Has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it? Thank you

try plugging the power supply in without using a power strip.it may be the strip and not the outlet. if it an older home start with looking at the breaker panel. make sure all the breakers are down tight and the wires are in tight. also check that there only one set of wires per breaker and the breakers are not overloaded. check that the house has a good ground and there no reversed wires. look at the meter and the wire gong from the street to your home. make sure the wire not cut or rubbing across a tree. also have them check to see if you have 117v on both sides of the wire from the street. a lot of times the trasformer is the issue or how far your home is from it.

Jai28

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
Hey!!!!!.......Thanks alot for the reply. I will be trying everything you suggested. I don't want someone from my power company telling me that wire rubbing on a tree doesn't have anything to do with why my psu won't turn on my pc. So can you explain how a wire rubbing across a tree affects electronic devices negatively, and what exactly is being hindered by a wire rubbing on a tree. Thanks

P.S. The wire I have coming from my house to the main line is going through a tree to meet the main wire.