Sign in with
Your question

5770 in crossfire very hot ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 10, 2012 11:25:48 AM

I am running a setup where I have two 5770 in crossfire, the two cards also are very close to each other on the motherboard. When I look at their temperatures on msi afterburn one of the gpu's idle at about 51 degrees and the other at 34 degrees, however when I play a game for a while and check them the gpu which idles at 51 is at about 93 degrees. Should I worry ? Is that not to hot ?

More about : 5770 crossfire hot

a b U Graphics card
April 10, 2012 11:40:39 AM

i think that is normal for a SLI system. just make sure your case is well ventilated to avoid it getting hotter, if it stays at 93 ok.
April 10, 2012 11:53:12 AM

First, what game are you playing? Second, I think that it a little hot. I had 2 5770's and the top card, which is usally the hotter card in CF/SLI, never got that hot. You might try manually setting the fans when you are playing demanding games. I have two 6870's and if I play BF3 or Metro 2033, I have to manually set the fans to about 70%. Might work for you.
Related resources
April 10, 2012 11:57:59 AM

Im running crysis. I have another question though I am crossfireing with a single and a dual slot 5770, I have read that the dual slots cards cooling is better should I switch the position of the two cards and run off the dual slot card at the top? This would however leave less space between the cards :/ 
a b U Graphics card
April 10, 2012 12:55:50 PM

maxmuw said:
Im running crysis. I have another question though I am crossfireing with a single and a dual slot 5770, I have read that the dual slots cards cooling is better should I switch the position of the two cards and run off the dual slot card at the top? This would however leave less space between the cards :/ 

Less space probably will cause higher temps, but i don't know what is the gpu coolers, never hurts to try it.

Check if your video cards are in overclock, better to run on default clocks when SLIed, and if possible match the video cards clocks, for less temperatures lower the highest video card clock to match with the lowest one.

check if there isn't too much dust in the gpu coolers, adding some extra fans like a lateral one should help lower those temperatures a little.

increasing fan speed can also help, but the noise will be louder than normal.

you can use MSI AFTERBURNER to synchronize clocks (if they are different) and also to change fan speed.
April 10, 2012 1:47:22 PM

Switching them will not make that much of a difference. Crysis is a very demaning game. I would try to manually set the fans higher while you play, it does make it a little loud but it is better than an overheated card.
!