ted1488

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
I built a system a while back with the following components:
MSI A75MA-G55
AMD Quad-Core A8-3850
Corsair 8GB (2x 4GB)
Seagate 1TB HDD
ZOTAC AMP! ZT-50402-10L GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0
Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

For several months everything worked perfectly, then all of a sudden the computer started rebooting and every once in a while giving me a blue screen. I couldn't find anything relevant in the event viewer, just that the computer shut down unexpectedly. The blue screens started happening more and more often.

One of the main indicators that something was about to happen was typically when I was playing a video game, the computer would beep randomly, sometimes many times within just a few minutes, sometimes just a couple times an hour. Eventually the computer would either reboot, I would lose my video and I had to cold boot, or I would get a blue screen. Along with the beeping I would usually drop my secondary hard drive, and I would have to reboot.

Because of the video and hard drive issues, I thought that it was the motherboard that might be the issue so I ordered an ASUS F1A75-M PRO FM1 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) and slapped a Cooler Master CPU fan on it. I now have the rebooting and video issue, but no dropped hard drives or blue screens. Event viewer still is showing me nothing other than the computer shut down unexpectly.

I thought that I might try to pull the Zotac video card and try using the onboard video, but had the same issue with the computer rebooting.

I've checked temps on CPU and the video card and they are both running at smooth temps. I'm not really sure what else to check, possibly the SSD that the OS is installed on?

Any ideas or feedback would greatly be appreciated!

ted1488

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Sorry, I knew I would forget something. The power supply is a Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-S-B 850W. Do you think the 850W PSU might cause an issue like this?

ted1488

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
I'm not sure how I would check the firmware version for a SSD. I have tried just a single stick of RAM though (alternating to make sure I'm not booting with a bad stick) and everything seemed ok.

I have ran a few chkdsks to check the hard drives for bad sectors, and ran a memory diagnostic to see if it could find anything. Everything checked out fine except the chkdsk that I did this morning on my SATA drive, the computer was in safe mode with cmd and it rebooted before the scan was finished.