Closed

collapse all folders shortcut key?

I know that you can use the Numlock on + * key in the explorer folder menu
to expand all folders beneath the current directory, but is there a
reversal operation? Hitting '-' just collapses the top level folder.

-Jonathan

More about collapse folders shortcut

    Hit F5 after collapsing the top level.

    Left arrow.

    Jonathan,
    Try the Numlock +- keys. They will collapse all.
    TonySper

    "Jonathan Scoles" <jscoles@mailforce.net> wrote in message
    I know that you can use the Numlock on + * key in the explorer folder
    menu
    to expand all folders beneath the current directory, but is there a
    reversal operation? Hitting '-' just collapses the top level folder.

    -Jonathan

    On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:31:30 -0800, Maureen Goldman
    <inkslinger@FOGsunshine.net> wrote:

    >Left arrow.

    ..... only collapses the selected folder, not any subfolders that might
    be open. If you open up a lot of sub and sub-sub folders then collapse
    the parent with left arrow or numeric - then reopen the parent you
    will see all the sub folders still open.

    Jetro's tip of hitting F5 after closing the parent is the only
    solution I have ever seen to this - been wanting to know of years!!!

    Thanks Jetro!!

    --
    The Aussie Bomber
    Carn The Dons!!