Battlefield 3 wierd arrows durring game

IL2xCELL8

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
when i was playing battlefield 3 on some maps i get a weird black and white from specific locations i was wondering if maybe one of my graphics cards was dying my system is pretty old just trying to hang on for the newest card to come out so what should i do it plays fine on my laptop with the 8800gtx cant figure out why it makes them took cards part cleaned them and applyed new thermal paste is my case not ventlating good cause it acts like the system is getting hot the cards are not overclocked there xfx 9800gtx+ in sli could it be a bottleneck with the e6600

IL2xCELL8

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012

yes i gor rhw newest drivers from march and i already have msi afterburner when i run a test i looks fine on every thing high the temps get up to 67 on one card and a lil less on the second

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
It might be an AA setting on your video settings in-game. See if fiddling with some of those, or change the resolution to 59 hz instead of 60. Those kinds of errors happen on older cards, but are usually fixed by bypassing whatever coding problem there is through changing a video setting.

IL2xCELL8

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012

i did what you said still didnt get rid of them i can put a video up if it helps. it seems no matter what i do it happens ive seen it before when i overclcoked a card one time so it might be to high to handle but in a 3d test it looks fine so idk what it could be