Sign in with
Your question

Cpu died or new mobo doa ?? help !!!!!!

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
October 6, 2012 10:58:22 AM

asrock 970 extream3, amd 8150, crossair vengeance 16 gb 1600, Momentus XT 750GB , aspire 500w psu , radeon hd 5670 1gb ddr5 ,,windows 7 ultimate 64

this ran fine for 4 months then one day

the problem is this , the computer went to sleep and never woke up i pushed the space bar to wake it up all fans come on no display . no hdd led flashing so i held the power sw to restart and the same no display all fans running no hdd led

watting for RMA ? on mobo extreme 3

so i bought a asrock 970 extreme 4 bios p170-15a bios sticker on chip i put a new psu antec true 430 and the same thing no bios screen all fans running and the dr debug led display on board shows 00

so could the cpu be at fault two boards wtih the same symptoms

More about : cpu died mobo doa

a b à CPUs
October 6, 2012 11:57:54 AM

wow, stay in school bro
m
l
October 6, 2012 12:31:00 PM

geekapproved said:
wow, stay in school bro

so what is wrong with this computer is it cpu or mobo problems,, ill wright it so you can under stand simple
m
l
Related resources
October 6, 2012 4:04:15 PM

If the fans are connected to the motherboard and they spin on start, its probably not a motherboard issue. Does your system beep when you start it? (if not, is the speaker/pieso plugged in the mobo) ? What is the behavior of the system when you press power?
m
l
October 6, 2012 4:28:55 PM

njoy_rush said:
If the fans are connected to the motherboard and they spin on start, its probably not a motherboard issue. Does your system beep when you start it? (if not, is the speaker/pieso plugged in the mobo) ? What is the behavior of the system when you press power?

all that happens is the cpu fans runs gpu fan runs hdd is running dr dbug on board shows 00 but no bios screen i tried the GPU in a differnt computer and it worked i think its the cpu im going to order a new one today and send this one back to amd its under warranty then ill have 2 on hand or put one in the extreme 3 and other in extreme 4

im getting the same out of both mobos all fans come on and no bios no beeps
m
l
!