Sign in with
Your question

GTX 680 ?'s

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 10, 2012 2:20:47 PM

Hi,

I just purchased a PNY GTX 680 and I was wondering, could an EVGA High Flow Air Bracket fit on the card. Also, what is the point of the EVGA backplate besides looks and would it fit my card.

Another Question: With my Radeon 6950 now, in battlefield 3, when I turn the settings to ultra, the ground turns blue and seems to move. Will this happen with the GTX 680 and has anyone else had this problem.

More about : gtx 680

April 10, 2012 3:28:17 PM

well, you might have to do some searching around, but as long as HDMI and DVI ports are in the same location as the EVGA cards are then i would say the high air flow bracket should work. you might also want to look at the gtx400/500 series brackets by them. As for the backplate, both of the cards look like they are on identical pcb's so it SHOULD bolt up just fine. and the whole 6950 artifacts, that sounds like an issue with drivers or overheating or bad vram on the card. you should be in the clear as long as PNY shipped you a good card. Good luck to you man.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 10, 2012 3:28:22 PM

yes the bracket will fit since the cards are refference and same in design
evga backplate suppose to give you better airflow when exhausting the hot air outside the case (hance the bigger holes)
as for the second question that sounds like a driver issue, nvidia has better drivers for that game so you should not see that anymore
m
l
!