Pentium 4

guys i think i am asking a stupid question
bt please answer

what if i run my current pentium 4 3ghz with 6850 or 6870
will i be able to play
re6 ac3 crysis3 BF3 nfs run at high settings on 720p monitor with 1024*768?
33 answers Last reply
More about pentium
  1. No you won't be able to run a Pentium 4 with 6850 or 6870 at high settings with those specified games.
    It will just bottleneck both of these cards.
    I have a pentium 4 and the upgrade to a pentium dual core really make a difference especially gaming and multi-tasking.
    Pentium 4 is really old, you should be looking into a dual core CPU these days.
    Dual core CPU's have been in the market since 2006( Core 2 Duo)
    at 1024x768 the CPU is the bottleneck not the GPU.
  2. which pentium 4??
  3. unreal9400 said:
    No you won't be able to run a Pentium 4 with 6850 or 6870 at high settings with those specified games.
    I have a pentium 4 and the upgrade to a pentium dual core really make a difference especially gaming and multi-tasking.

i3 z77 6870 corsair 8gb Corsair 300R cabinet Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK 600 Watts PSU

i am buying this one

the thing i want to ask is
    i think that since this cabinet has a place of pwer supply at bottom,
    & that the power supply i am taking has a FAN at top

it will produce more heat isnt it?
  4. unreal9400 said:
    No you won't be able to run a Pentium 4 with 6850 or 6870 at high settings with those specified games.

He is right about everything except that the first dual cores were not Core 2 Duo but Pentium D.
  5. You should put the power supply fan facing downwards since there is an exhaust vent under the case for your supply to dissipate heat downwards instead of facing the fan upwards which may cause overheating.
  6. Kamen_BG said:
    He is right about everything except that the first dual cores were not Core 2 Duo but Pentium D.

Pentium D is actually two Pentium 4 stuck together.
    Core 2 Duo was a real dual core CPU.
  7. unreal9400 said:
    You should put the power supply fan facing downwards since there is an exhaust vent under the case for your supply to dissipate heat downwards instead of facing the fan upwards which may cause overheating.

so i should have a furniture which is open so that PSU fan at bottom will give hot air rite?

how will it give hot air out if i put in on a table?

i am sorry i am building first time
  8. Kamen_BG said:

so i have fixed this i3 z77 6870 corsair 8gb , Corsair 300R cabinet, Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK 600 Watts PSU

i will be playing AC3 crysis 2 & 3 nfs run RE6 GTA4 and BF3 AC revelations
    at most 1024*768 WITH MY 720P BENQ MONITOR

i want a smooth performance at high grafics

is this configuration good?
  9. akshayghai29785 said:
    which pentium 4??

for raedon 6850/6870 i am seeing that it doesnt have a port that my monitors cable can be put in?
    will i have to buy a new monitor?
    my monitor is 720p benq having that simple blue colored connection cord to CPU
    will i be able to connect it to the gafic card?

currently i connect my monitor to 8500 gt nvidia
  10. aditya_27 said:
    so i should have a furniture which is open so that PSU fan at bottom will give hot air rite?

how will it give hot air out if i put in on a table?

i am sorry i am building first time

The large fan on the PSU is taking cold air from the bottom and the small vent on the power cord area is where hot air exhaust away from the PSU.
  11. aditya_27 said:
    for raedon 6850/6870 i am seeing that it doesnt have a port that my monitors cable can be put in?
    will i have to buy a new monitor?
    my monitor is 720p benq having that simple blue colored connection cord to CPU
    will i be able to connect it to the gafic card?

currently i connect my monitor to 8500 gt nvidia

Usually they will come with DVI to VGA converter if you are using a standard VGA monitor.
  12. aditya_27 said:
    guys i think i am asking a stupid question
    bt please answer

what if i run my current pentium 4 3ghz with 6850 or 6870
    will i be able to play
    re6 ac3 crysis3 BF3 nfs run at high settings on 720p monitor with 1024*768?

Please don't do that.
  13. I would rather have you spend 300$ on a new APU build and reuse your hard drive/DVDROM and maybe case.
  14. Pentium 4 motherboards do not have the required pci-express socket for modern videocards. Not even an option. Even if it was, it would be far too bottleneck'd. Build a new machine. You should get a new amd A10 machine. They are cheap and they combine processor and graphics card on the same chip. If I was in the market for a new machine, that's what I would get.
  15. Eh. I'd recommend getting a 965 BE and a cheap AM3 motherboard (My favourite that has quite a few gubbins is the ASROCK M3N78D. Cost me £43.). Only 25% worse than the 2500k @ stock, and costs half the price.
  16. flexxar said:
    Pentium 4 motherboards do not have the required pci-express socket for modern videocards. Not even an option. Even if it was, it would be far too bottleneck'd. Build a new machine. You should get a new amd A10 machine. They are cheap and they combine processor and graphics card on the same chip. If I was in the market for a new machine, that's what I would get.

That's not quite true. I had a P4 HT with a PCIe 1.1 x16 slot that I put a low-end 6670 in for some casual gaming. But yes, the key point you make is correct. As I can attest to, the P4 will run somes games just fine, but an increasing number are going to totally flop on that CPU.
  17. flexxar said:
    Pentium 4 motherboards do not have the required pci-express socket for modern videocards. Not even an option. Even if it was, it would be far too bottleneck'd. Build a new machine. You should get a new amd A10 machine. They are cheap and they combine processor and graphics card on the same chip. If I was in the market for a new machine, that's what I would get.

thank you very much for the info

i am getting i3 and 6870 with z77

what is AMD A10? is it better deal?
  18. an AMD A10 is an APU.It's basicly a CPU and GPU on one chip.It's value is unbeatable but it's nowhere near as powerfull as a Core i3 + HD 6870.That's just a much higher end (expensive) combination.
  19. Kamen_BG said:
    an AMD A10 is an APU.It's basicly a CPU and GPU on one chip.It's value is unbeatable but it's nowhere near as powerfull as a Core i3 + HD 6870.That's just a much higher end (expensive) combination.

great
    thanks

so i go for i3 z77 and 6850

someone suggested me for i5 z68 6870

is it a better choice?

i will be playing AC3 crysis 2 and 3 nfs run ,BF3, GTAIV &V, COD mw3 black ops
    RE6 and race driver grid

please suggest?
  20. if you really want us to help you, we need to know your budget first.
  21. even an amd apu is probably not gonna be enough for anything over 720p at high settings with afforementioned games..i would suggest a low end pentium G series cpu paired with a decent budget card like hd7750 or 7770. thats exactly what am doing with my new budget build ..this combination will let u game at upto 1080p with lowered details
  22. even an amd apu is probably not gonna be enough for anything over 720p at high settings with afforementioned games..i would suggest a low end pentium G series cpu paired with a decent budget card like hd7750 or 7770. thats exactly what am doing with my new budget build ..this combination will let u game at upto 1080p with lowered details
  23. even an amd apu is probably not gonna be enough for anything over 720p at high settings with afforementioned games..i would suggest a low end pentium G series cpu paired with a decent budget card like hd7750 or 7770. thats exactly what am doing with my new budget build ..this combination will let u game at upto 1080p with lowered details
  24. Thanks everyone for the valuables

My budget is 40000 rupees
    But I only need CPU, graphic card ,RAM.psu and cabinet.
    Rest all I have
    And I wil not want to upgrade it any sooner

At least two three years or so
  25. Thanks everyone for the valuables

Rest all I have

26. Thanks everyone for the valuables

Rest all I have

27. Thanks everyone for the valuables

Rest all I have

28. An i5 will be more future-proof since its a quad core.
    An i3 is a dual core.
    Go with z77 motherboard.
    HD 6850 is enough for gaming.
  29. total is 42600 is 2700 rupees mobo is selected other may review this for better guidence
  30. Lol don't you ever mention a pentium 4 along the same line as crysis 3 again lol....

i don't even think the game will load on that processor, and even if it does it'll take like 15-20 minutes depending on the rest of your specs. It'd be like, pedaling your bike to the airport as oppose to taking a bullet train there. Not to mention there are processors ranging from way back when, that outperforms it i.e: AMD 64's etc...Omg I feel nostalgic just thinking about those days.

Build an entire new rig. AMD has good price/performance processors, and so does intel with i3 which won't entirely break the bank. Without monitor, you're looking anywhere from 500-600 bucks. Get yourself a GTX 560 which is only like 120 dollars, not sure how much it is in rupees and you're good to go man.
  31. I did a build for less than 40000 rupees a few days ago and bought everything off flipkart.

Here are the specs:
    Mobo: ASUS M5A88M
    CPU : Phenom ii x4 970(sold out now)
    GPU : GTX 560/560ti(ti will cost around Rs.2000 more but it much better)
    PSU : Seasonic S12II 520
    Case : Any decent mid tower case
    HDD : WD caviar blue 500gb
    RAM : G.skill RipjawsX 8gb 1600mhz( you can get 4gigs to cut down the price and there won't be any fps drops as such)
  32. I am really thankful to everyone giving suggestions here
    it really solved my problems and confusions

special thanks to akshay

I will be going with his configuration

i5 and 7850 and h61 with 620w PSU

for AC3 CRISIS 3 GTA IV V NFS RUN RE6

at high settings
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Pentium Battlefield