Msi 5450 to drive dual displays with different res

lmk2008

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
HI all,

I am having MSI's R5450-MD1GD3H in my mind to drive two monitors: 1.1920x1200, 2. 1600x1200

I have concluded that the display card can drive it with HDMI + DVI simultaneously. The last question is my mind is whether these 2 display can run in different resolutions under 'extended desktop' mode in Windows.

If MSI is not capable of doing so, what's your suggestion please (note: a requirement is to use HDMI + DVI at the same time)?

Thanks all expert.

lmk2008

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
Thanks for your reply. It's helpful.

I still want to clarify because when I referred to the locked thread "Solved] Eyefinity Setup Guide", it's said that mixed resolutions are not supported.

Are we talking about 2 kinds of supports here? That is, 1. dual-mon supported by Eyefinity and 2. dual-mon supported by Windows' dual-display.

So, I still hesitate. Thanks.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Eyefinity is something different, and I have no experience with it. It's used to run several (more than two) monitors together for things like games spanning all your monitors. As a result, it's probably got stricter requirements on the resolutions you can use.

Plain old desktop extending is fine with whatever resolutions you feel like using though. I don't think I've ever run both of my monitors at the same resolution, since I spend more on my primary display than the secondary. It looks pretty goofy actually, a nice 27" 1080p display next to a crappy 20" display from 2008.