Msi 5450 to drive dual displays with different res

HI all,

I am having MSI's R5450-MD1GD3H in my mind to drive two monitors: 1.1920x1200, 2. 1600x1200

I have concluded that the display card can drive it with HDMI + DVI simultaneously. The last question is my mind is whether these 2 display can run in different resolutions under 'extended desktop' mode in Windows.

If MSI is not capable of doing so, what's your suggestion please (note: a requirement is to use HDMI + DVI at the same time)?

Thanks all expert.
3 answers Last reply
More about 5450 drive dual displays
  1. You're fine. There aren't even any special considerations to make. Just plug the monitors in and they'll work, you can configure their resolutions totally independently.
  2. Thanks for your reply. It's helpful.

I still want to clarify because when I referred to the locked thread "Solved] Eyefinity Setup Guide", it's said that mixed resolutions are not supported.

Are we talking about 2 kinds of supports here? That is, 1. dual-mon supported by Eyefinity and 2. dual-mon supported by Windows' dual-display.

So, I still hesitate. Thanks.

willard said:
    You're fine. There aren't even any special considerations to make. Just plug the monitors in and they'll work, you can configure their resolutions totally independently.
  3. Eyefinity is something different, and I have no experience with it. It's used to run several (more than two) monitors together for things like games spanning all your monitors. As a result, it's probably got stricter requirements on the resolutions you can use.

Plain old desktop extending is fine with whatever resolutions you feel like using though. I don't think I've ever run both of my monitors at the same resolution, since I spend more on my primary display than the secondary. It looks pretty goofy actually, a nice 27" 1080p display next to a crappy 20" display from 2008.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics MSI-Microstar