Monster 3D graphic accelerator

Troglodite

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
I know that this is a bit offtopic question but
i have found old Diamond multimedia 3d graphic accelerator
It fits to PCI slot but i'm affraid of trying it .

Do you think that it may work with ATI Radeon HD 5670 graphic card ?
Will there be any performance boost ?
Or will it just slow everything down ?

I understand that this graphic accelerator is a pure *** nowadays but I'm very curious .

Solution
i think there will be no influence at all, but also there is no need to be afraid of testing (unless your psu is too weak to handle it connected [i hardly think so]).

if you test it please let your feedback here in case someone have this same questioning.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
i think there will be no influence at all, but also there is no need to be afraid of testing (unless your psu is too weak to handle it connected [i hardly think so]).

if you test it please let your feedback here in case someone have this same questioning.

Solution

Troglodite

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012

I had a little problem with attaching card to motherboard but it is ok now ... after some modifications .
But i can't find driver for this card :(

LOL you will not find drivers the company went out of buisness and the driver support was only up to Windows 98 if I remember correctly. Also it would not help these days at all b/c of the passthrough these cards took pre rendered analog signal and would add the 3d objects render added tesxtures ect. this would waaaay slow down and be worse at rendering than even the lowest end current gen video cards not to mention I am pretty sure it would not work at all (Not positive but unlikely)

Thent

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
yes like i have said probably will be no effect at all, if you can install it and really make work probably will lower the performance... but would be nice if it was working to know the real feedback. but of course it is a too old techonology and probably will not be able to find drivers, unless you find one very hidden in the web.

Troglodite

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012

I found some but only for windows 2000 :/

Hmm
I guess this concludes it
I have however other questions .
One regarding demos for ATI radeon which don't work for me and i don't know why
and other question , i just remembered .It was about physx on ATI with Nvidia Gforce MMX200 present via patch .

Wheh thax .
I have bunch of old components and I'm trying them

G

i had the exact same card and tried to use it with windows 2000.

no drivers. :(

its now buried somewhere in my "old tech" box.

edit; i tried those drivers, didn't work.

Troglodite

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012

I made another question regarding that problem . If you can help then i would be thankfull .
Ati lacks many things Nvidia has in form of marketing and self presentation . At least so it seems to me .