  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
January 28, 2005 12:59:03 AM

Every time I right click on a file (even the Start menu), I get
a whole list of options apart from 'Open' such as 'Play in Winamp',
'Burn with ...' etc. Is there any way to get rid of all the excessive
options?

Thanks!

More about : click programs

Anonymous
January 28, 2005 6:17:27 PM

Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace objects:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I right click on a file (even the Start menu), I get
> a whole list of options apart from 'Open' such as 'Play in Winamp',
> 'Burn with ...' etc. Is there any way to get rid of all the excessive
> options?
>
> Thanks!
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 11:45:10 PM

Clear Dynamic Open With Lists
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_open_with.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:22E66E23-3B56-475F-A17B-2A0DE6EE3BCC@microsoft.com,
Wayne <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Every time I right click on a file (even the Start menu), I get
> a whole list of options apart from 'Open' such as 'Play in Winamp',
> 'Burn with ...' etc. Is there any way to get rid of all the excessive
> options?
>
> Thanks!
January 31, 2005 3:55:03 AM

That helped me get rid of whole bunch of programs. However, there are
still some file extensions for which I get options such as "Add to Burn List",
"Add to Sync List" (not all file extensions though). Is there any way
I can get rid of these?

Thanks again.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace objects:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Every time I right click on a file (even the Start menu), I get
> > a whole list of options apart from 'Open' such as 'Play in Winamp',
> > 'Burn with ...' etc. Is there any way to get rid of all the excessive
> > options?
> >
> > Thanks!

Anonymous
January 31, 2005 5:32:30 PM

Where does it appear? (i mean, for which file type(s)?)

--

> That helped me get rid of whole bunch of programs. However, there are
> still some file extensions for which I get options such as "Add to Burn
> List",
> "Add to Sync List" (not all file extensions though). Is there any way
> I can get rid of these?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace
>> objects:
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Every time I right click on a file (even the Start menu), I get
>> > a whole list of options apart from 'Open' such as 'Play in Winamp',
>> > 'Burn with ...' etc. Is there any way to get rid of all the excessive
>> > options?
>> >
>> > Thanks!

Anonymous
January 31, 2005 5:32:31 PM

It seems to be there for media file types (not sure if it appears for
more file types) such as .mp3, .avi etc. I tried looking in the registry
under .mp3, "Media type" etc, but the options aren't listed there.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Where does it appear? (i mean, for which file type(s)?)
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > That helped me get rid of whole bunch of programs. However, there are
> > still some file extensions for which I get options such as "Add to Burn
> > List",
> > "Add to Sync List" (not all file extensions though). Is there any way
> > I can get rid of these?
> >
> > Thanks again.
> >
> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace
> >> objects:
> >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> >> Windows XP Shell/User
> >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >>

> >> "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
January 31, 2005 10:27:35 PM

Wayne,

The two options are added by WMP10.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledge...

Neowin.net > How to remove Media Player 10 Shell Integration?:
http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t2292...

--

!