right click programs

Every time I right click on a file (even the Start menu), I get
a whole list of options apart from 'Open' such as 'Play in Winamp',
'Burn with ...' etc. Is there any way to get rid of all the excessive
options?

Thanks!
6 answers Last reply
More about right click programs

    Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace objects:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Every time I right click on a file (even the Start menu), I get
    > a whole list of options apart from 'Open' such as 'Play in Winamp',
    > 'Burn with ...' etc. Is there any way to get rid of all the excessive
    > options?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Clear Dynamic Open With Lists
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_open_with.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:22E66E23-3B56-475F-A17B-2A0DE6EE3BCC@microsoft.com,
    Wayne <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Every time I right click on a file (even the Start menu), I get
    > a whole list of options apart from 'Open' such as 'Play in Winamp',
    > 'Burn with ...' etc. Is there any way to get rid of all the excessive
    > options?
    >
    > Thanks!

    That helped me get rid of whole bunch of programs. However, there are
    still some file extensions for which I get options such as "Add to Burn List",
    "Add to Sync List" (not all file extensions though). Is there any way
    I can get rid of these?

    Thanks again.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace objects:
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Every time I right click on a file (even the Start menu), I get
    > > a whole list of options apart from 'Open' such as 'Play in Winamp',
    > > 'Burn with ...' etc. Is there any way to get rid of all the excessive
    > > options?
    > >
    > > Thanks!

    Where does it appear? (i mean, for which file type(s)?)

    --

    > That helped me get rid of whole bunch of programs. However, there are
    > still some file extensions for which I get options such as "Add to Burn
    > List",
    > "Add to Sync List" (not all file extensions though). Is there any way
    > I can get rid of these?
    >
    > Thanks again.
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace
    >> objects:
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Every time I right click on a file (even the Start menu), I get
    >> > a whole list of options apart from 'Open' such as 'Play in Winamp',
    >> > 'Burn with ...' etc. Is there any way to get rid of all the excessive
    >> > options?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks!

    It seems to be there for media file types (not sure if it appears for
    more file types) such as .mp3, .avi etc. I tried looking in the registry
    under .mp3, "Media type" etc, but the options aren't listed there.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Where does it appear? (i mean, for which file type(s)?)
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > That helped me get rid of whole bunch of programs. However, there are
    > > still some file extensions for which I get options such as "Add to Burn
    > > List",
    > > "Add to Sync List" (not all file extensions though). Is there any way
    > > I can get rid of these?
    > >
    > > Thanks again.
    > >
    > > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace
    > >> objects:
    > >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > >> Windows XP Shell/User
    > >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    > >>

    > >> "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Wayne,

    The two options are added by WMP10.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/howto/LibraryTasks.aspx

    Neowin.net > How to remove Media Player 10 Shell Integration?:
    http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t229284.html