Sound Card & Speakers Compatibility Check

WDakhane

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
Hello again everybody,
Previously I had posted the compatibility check of ASUS XONAR DX7.1ch sound card with Logitech Z506 Surround Speakers to which I got the best answer i.e YES.
Now,as my budget has been increased so i was looking forward to get very good quality speakers such as the Logitech Speaker System Z906.

Q:Is the mentioned speaker system Z906 compatibile with ASUS XONAR DX 7.1ch sound card?

WDakhane

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
I don't really know about sound connections or so but what do you suggest "the proper connection to make" via : RCA,Digital Optical or Digital Coaxial or S/PDIF to stated sound card?

Note: The sound card comes with a TOSLINK adapter of some kind.

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
Well optical or 3.5mm connections will be fine
The system uses 3 3.5mm jacks for each channel (rear/front/Centre+subwoofer) and they are removable.

Optical won't be affected by frequencies (makes a noise when you get a phone call or message for example won't happen on optical), not sure about setting optical up, 3.5mm and RCA are basically the same thing and both are easy to set up.

I would use Optical if your sound card has an optical (TOSLINK) connector, if it doesn't then use 3.5mm.

Not sure on S/PDIF.

WDakhane

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
Yeah a phone call or even a message makes a hell of a noise in my stupid current speakers that too 5-6 sec before the call or message even comes. I hate that.
I hope that does not happen on this setup as the sound card n the speakers have got very positive reviews.

That said,sound card pakage contains only one TOSLINK adapter! But there are atleast 3 connections to be made to setup the Z906 , would I need 2 more TOSLINK adapters or the provided one is enough?