Sign in with
Your question

Start up problems Please help

Last response: in CPUs
October 6, 2012 4:45:48 PM

I just recently built myself my first computer. From the looks of it, everything seemed okay. I had a few issues with start ups but it was fixed with just restarting the PC.
Today I tried to turn it on and I got the error "reboot or insert boot media and press a key." Working many times before, I rebooted. Immediately after that, I get the next error "disk read error, press CTRL ALT DELETE to restart." So I did. Then it just went back to the first error.

I checked to make sure there were no loose wires, and unplugged/replugged the wires back into my HDD, and then it still gave me the reboot or insert boot media error. I figured maybe I needed to reinstall windows, so I put windows in and when asked where to store windows, my HDD doesn't show up.

Frustrated, I just took windows out and turned off my computer, and turned it back on just for fun, and it starts... perfectly. It starts up perfectly. I don't want this happening again but I don't know what's wrong. If anyone could help out that'd be great.

More about : start problems

a b à CPUs
October 7, 2012 1:04:54 AM

It seems like an installation issue -- is it working properly now?
m
l
!