Sign in with
Your question

Will a gtx550ti video card fit inside a mid tower computer case

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 10, 2012 8:25:36 PM

I was was wondering about buying a new video card for my computer . It seems that my fan on my present card has gone out the temps are at 113 C. ( Geforce 9500 GS). I really want to get a card that has ddr5 1-GB memory x16 specs but if it don't fit what would be the best PCI 16x single slot card that I could buy. My system has 6Gb of ddr2 memory, Intel Quardcore CPU Q6700@ 2.66GHz. Windows vista pack2 64 bit. I can't play my games and I am suffuring , lol. I believe my present video card is at least 6.5 inches long and the 550ti is 8.25 x 4.38.
a c 251 U Graphics card
April 10, 2012 8:31:27 PM

The GTX 550ti will fit in a mid tower computer case. It is not an overly large card. When you go to purchase it they have the dimensions of the card under the details tab or specifications tab depending on where your shopping. At Newegg it's under the details tab and down the bottom of the page.
April 10, 2012 8:48:28 PM

inzone said:
The GTX 550ti will fit in a mid tower computer case. It is not an overly large card. When you go to purchase it they have the dimensions of the card under the details tab or specifications tab depending on where your shopping. At Newegg it's under the details tab and down the bottom of the page.

thanks for the infor
April 10, 2012 8:52:43 PM

It will fit in most mid tower cases but it does take two slots (is a double wide card). I mention this because you are also asking what would be the best single slot card so I am a bit confused as to how much room you have in your set-up.

P.S. You might also look at ATI 6790's as most of them are a tad cheaper than the 550Ti and offer a bit better performance.

Here is one for only $104.00 after rebate: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
!