Which and what type of CPU should i consider buying?

Hi guys, im looking to buy a good cpu for a Graphic design based computer but i dont want to spend a large amount of money since i need to buy the rest of the components for the computer, which CPU would you recommend for me?
14 answers Last reply
More about which type buying
  1. What software and what is your max budget on a CPU?
  2. software - Adobe masterclass collection (already purchased), and as regards my budget for hardware components im trying to to go over 600 euros if possible
  3. Can you provide links to your favorite online stores?
  4. its has quite intensive programs.... can you tell me which IVY bridge processor i could or should go for? i would rather go for intel
  5. Alright, the I5 3570K or I7 3770K would be good choices.
  6. i was just reading about the IVY bridge processors and i think the IVY bridge I7 3770 would be a gd choice, im still deciding cos the 3370k is more expensive. do you guys know a good and site to buy computer components at good prices?
  7. For Graphic design I´d go Mac.
  8. there is realy no reason to go mac when it comes to graphic design in my case cos i dont want to spend that much money + i can buy a pretty decent windows based computer with around 600 euros
  9. With the 3770k you have the option to overclock high.
  10. My vote is for amd fx 8120. You can't beat it's performance for the money. You will also probably need some graphics power. If so, I'd pick up at least a radeon 7850. If you want to sacrifice a little power and save a ton of money, go for the new A10 apu's. They combine cpu and gpu on one chip. I support amd because they make good products for the money and because intel is forming a monopoly in the cpu market. Just a few years ago, Europe sued Intel for almost 2 billion euros for unethical business practices against amd. Do you support that?
  11. hmmm... ile check about them and ile get bk to you, tks for the help guys :)
  12. Mr man said:
    i was just reading about the IVY bridge processors and i think the IVY bridge I7 3770 would be a gd choice, im still deciding cos the 3370k is more expensive. do you guys know a good and site to buy computer components at good prices?

Whereabouts in Europa are you?
  13. Personnally I'd like to keep fan boy recommendations out of this. If the A10 is so much better than the i5/i7 IB's you should be able to point (link) the benchmarks.
    and make the case based on performance/Cost.

One problem is it is NOT just the CPU performance. Look at Hard disk chipset performance and driver support.
    Unfornunate, but a fact of life. 3rd party developers will optimize their hardware/software to perform the best for the Biggest target population - Ballpark 75% intel, 25% amd. Granted they shoot for equally good performance, but not always the case. As for AMD they have stated " not trying to compete with Intel" As to driver support, AMD is lacking in this department.

My only comment On Intel/AMD fanboyism I always use AMD GPUs, but also currently only recommend Intel plateforms UNLESS it is from purely cost, Not performance objective..
    Flexxar - " Europe sued Intel for almost 2 billion euros for unethical business practices against amd" Quess that one way to replace lost tax revenue.
    "and because intel is forming a monopoly " - Not Intel's fault that AMD can not compete as they have mad som bad choices and have lost money, which inturn has impacted their R&D. In the financial markets, it's more a question of survival (Stock price around $3.25). From a finanical standpoint, This is not fanboy issue, just facts.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computers Product