Sign in with
Your question

Which and what type of CPU should i consider buying?

Last response: in CPUs
October 6, 2012 6:57:26 PM

Hi guys, im looking to buy a good cpu for a Graphic design based computer but i dont want to spend a large amount of money since i need to buy the rest of the components for the computer, which CPU would you recommend for me?

More about : type cpu buying

a c 105 à CPUs
October 6, 2012 7:04:58 PM

What software and what is your max budget on a CPU?

October 6, 2012 7:07:09 PM

software - Adobe masterclass collection (already purchased), and as regards my budget for hardware components im trying to to go over 600 euros if possible
Related resources
a b à CPUs
October 6, 2012 7:15:39 PM

Can you provide links to your favorite online stores?
October 6, 2012 7:17:45 PM

its has quite intensive programs.... can you tell me which IVY bridge processor i could or should go for? i would rather go for intel
a c 105 à CPUs
October 6, 2012 7:22:50 PM

Alright, the I5 3570K or I7 3770K would be good choices.
October 6, 2012 7:27:55 PM

i was just reading about the IVY bridge processors and i think the IVY bridge I7 3770 would be a gd choice, im still deciding cos the 3370k is more expensive. do you guys know a good and site to buy computer components at good prices?
a b à CPUs
October 6, 2012 7:29:01 PM

For Graphic design I´d go Mac.
October 6, 2012 7:36:48 PM

there is realy no reason to go mac when it comes to graphic design in my case cos i dont want to spend that much money + i can buy a pretty decent windows based computer with around 600 euros
a c 105 à CPUs
October 6, 2012 7:37:39 PM

With the 3770k you have the option to overclock high.
a b à CPUs
October 6, 2012 7:42:53 PM

My vote is for amd fx 8120. You can't beat it's performance for the money. You will also probably need some graphics power. If so, I'd pick up at least a radeon 7850. If you want to sacrifice a little power and save a ton of money, go for the new A10 apu's. They combine cpu and gpu on one chip. I support amd because they make good products for the money and because intel is forming a monopoly in the cpu market. Just a few years ago, Europe sued Intel for almost 2 billion euros for unethical business practices against amd. Do you support that?
October 6, 2012 7:52:45 PM

hmmm... ile check about them and ile get bk to you, tks for the help guys :) 
a b à CPUs
October 6, 2012 7:57:11 PM

Mr man said:
i was just reading about the IVY bridge processors and i think the IVY bridge I7 3770 would be a gd choice, im still deciding cos the 3370k is more expensive. do you guys know a good and site to buy computer components at good prices?

Whereabouts in Europa are you?
a b à CPUs
October 6, 2012 8:49:12 PM

Personnally I'd like to keep fan boy recommendations out of this. If the A10 is so much better than the i5/i7 IB's you should be able to point (link) the benchmarks.
and make the case based on performance/Cost.

One problem is it is NOT just the CPU performance. Look at Hard disk chipset performance and driver support.
Unfornunate, but a fact of life. 3rd party developers will optimize their hardware/software to perform the best for the Biggest target population - Ballpark 75% intel, 25% amd. Granted they shoot for equally good performance, but not always the case. As for AMD they have stated " not trying to compete with Intel" As to driver support, AMD is lacking in this department.

My only comment On Intel/AMD fanboyism I always use AMD GPUs, but also currently only recommend Intel plateforms UNLESS it is from purely cost, Not performance objective..
Flexxar - " Europe sued Intel for almost 2 billion euros for unethical business practices against amd" Quess that one way to replace lost tax revenue.
"and because intel is forming a monopoly " - Not Intel's fault that AMD can not compete as they have mad som bad choices and have lost money, which inturn has impacted their R&D. In the financial markets, it's more a question of survival (Stock price around $3.25). From a finanical standpoint, This is not fanboy issue, just facts.
!