Syncing 6560 with IR dongle

Hi,

I have the Nokia 6560 and am trying yo backup the phone contents with
and IR dongle using the Nokia PC Suite. The PC sees the phone but
does not transfer any data. The phone is grayed out in the phone
selector box. Anyone have any success using the Nokia software and IR
connection?

Thanks

Joe

Please remove the spam busting $ in my
e mail address to reply via e mail..Thanks
More about syncing 6560 dongle

    Joe <calguy99$@excite.com> wrote in message news:<b7bkc0hmeh9u097149b8017rdfe03l1mvf@4ax.com>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have the Nokia 6560 and am trying yo backup the phone contents with
    > and IR dongle using the Nokia PC Suite. The PC sees the phone but
    > does not transfer any data. The phone is grayed out in the phone
    > selector box. Anyone have any success using the Nokia software and IR
    > connection?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Joe

    Check with one of the free trials from logomanager.co.uk to see if you
    can gain a connection with them.

    "Joe" <calguy99$@excite.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have the Nokia 6560 and am trying yo backup the phone contents with
    > and IR dongle using the Nokia PC Suite. The PC sees the phone but
    > does not transfer any data. The phone is grayed out in the phone
    > selector box. Anyone have any success using the Nokia software and IR
    > connection?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Joe

    > Please remove the spam busting $ in my
    > e mail address to reply via e mail..Thanks

    I had problems connecting too, I've now solved it by changing the settings
    on the IR dongle (Control Panel,
    Wireless Link, Hardware, Properties, Advanced) and changed the IR
    Transceiver type to SigmaTel 4000 and now all my Nokia IR software
    (Including MobiMB Mobile Browser, which is great) as well as the Nokia
    suite, work perfectly.

    I think it's worth limiting the connection speed to 115000 as well.

    Hope it helps

    D :)

    >Anyone have any success using the Nokia software and IR
    >connection?

    I have been using it with a 6340i (2 of them), a 6820, a 6200 and a 6310i
    without a problem.

    --
    John S.

    >I have the Nokia 6560 and am trying yo backup the phone contents with
    >and IR dongle using the Nokia PC Suite.

    The newer PC Suite (v6.1) works better than the older version I had.

    --
    John S.

    I had been having major issues trying to establish an IrDA connection
    between my 6820 and my Dell laptop. The IrDA would work fine with my
    old Armada, but net with the Dell, and I was convinced the Dell was an
    issue. Your settings have solved this problem.

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:34:43 +0100, "Caerbannog"

    >I had problems connecting too, I've now solved it by changing the settings
    >on the IR dongle (Control Panel,
    >Wireless Link, Hardware, Properties, Advanced) and changed the IR
    >Transceiver type to SigmaTel 4000 and now all my Nokia IR software
    >(Including MobiMB Mobile Browser, which is great) as well as the Nokia
    >suite, work perfectly.
    >
    >I think it's worth limiting the connection speed to 115000 as well.
    >
    >Hope it helps
    >
    >D :)

    This sure solved my problem with the 6820 IrDA to my Dell laptop. Many
    thanks.

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:34:43 +0100, "Caerbannog"
    >I had problems connecting too, I've now solved it by changing the settings
    >on the IR dongle (Control Panel,
    >Wireless Link, Hardware, Properties, Advanced) and changed the IR
    >Transceiver type to SigmaTel 4000 and now all my Nokia IR software
    >(Including MobiMB Mobile Browser, which is great) as well as the Nokia
    >suite, work perfectly.
    >
    >I think it's worth limiting the connection speed to 115000 as well.
    >
    >Hope it helps
    >
    >D :)

    Joe <calguy99$@excite.com> wrote in message news:<b7bkc0hmeh9u097149b8017rdfe03l1mvf@4ax.com>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have the Nokia 6560 and am trying yo backup the phone contents with
    > and IR dongle using the Nokia PC Suite. The PC sees the phone but
    > does not transfer any data. The phone is grayed out in the phone
    > selector box. Anyone have any success using the Nokia software and IR
    > connection?

    Nokia PC Suite doesn't support this TDMA support. We've included
    official support of this model in our Oxygen Phone Manager II
    (http://www.opm-2.com/ ). Also even SMS part may function for this
    phone in our program.

    You will need only to perform special adjustment for infrared adaptor:

    In 'My computer' -> 'Control panel' -> 'Wireless link' -> 'Hardware'
    -> 'Porperties' -> 'Advanced' you should set 'Speed enable' or
    'Maximum connect rate' setting at 115200 bit/s value and 'Infrared
    transceiver type' option at 'Sigmatel 4000' or 'Sigmatel 4012'
    setting.

    If you will have any questions, concerning our program's
    functionality, feel free to ask them on our official public forum
    http://www.opm-2.com/

    If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    info@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.opm-2.com/
    http://www.oxygensoftware.com/

    You're very welcome. It's nice when you can share your experiences and
    help someone.

    D :)

    "aj" <aj867@freenet.carleton.ca> wrote in message
    > This sure solved my problem with the 6820 IrDA to my Dell laptop. Many
    > thanks.
    >
    > On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:34:43 +0100, "Caerbannog"
    > >I had problems connecting too, I've now solved it by changing the
    settings
    > >on the IR dongle (Control Panel,
    > >Wireless Link, Hardware, Properties, Advanced) and changed the IR
    > >Transceiver type to SigmaTel 4000 and now all my Nokia IR software
    > >(Including MobiMB Mobile Browser, which is great) as well as the Nokia
    > >suite, work perfectly.
    > >
    > >I think it's worth limiting the connection speed to 115000 as well.
    > >
    > >Hope it helps
    > >
    > >D :)

Nokia Phones Email