Syncing 6560 with IR dongle

Last response: in Brands
Share
June 11, 2004 7:13:16 PM

Hi,

I have the Nokia 6560 and am trying yo backup the phone contents with
and IR dongle using the Nokia PC Suite. The PC sees the phone but
does not transfer any data. The phone is grayed out in the phone
selector box. Anyone have any success using the Nokia software and IR
connection?

Thanks

Joe

Please remove the spam busting $ in my
e mail address to reply via e mail..Thanks

More about : syncing 6560 dongle

Anonymous
June 12, 2004 12:45:08 AM

Joe <calguy99$@excite.com> wrote in message news:<b7bkc0hmeh9u097149b8017rdfe03l1mvf@4ax.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I have the Nokia 6560 and am trying yo backup the phone contents with
> and IR dongle using the Nokia PC Suite. The PC sees the phone but
> does not transfer any data. The phone is grayed out in the phone
> selector box. Anyone have any success using the Nokia software and IR
> connection?
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe

Check with one of the free trials from logomanager.co.uk to see if you
can gain a connection with them.
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 1:34:43 PM

"Joe" <calguy99$@excite.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have the Nokia 6560 and am trying yo backup the phone contents with
> and IR dongle using the Nokia PC Suite. The PC sees the phone but
> does not transfer any data. The phone is grayed out in the phone
> selector box. Anyone have any success using the Nokia software and IR
> connection?
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe

> Please remove the spam busting $ in my
> e mail address to reply via e mail..Thanks

I had problems connecting too, I've now solved it by changing the settings
on the IR dongle (Control Panel,
Wireless Link, Hardware, Properties, Advanced) and changed the IR
Transceiver type to SigmaTel 4000 and now all my Nokia IR software
(Including MobiMB Mobile Browser, which is great) as well as the Nokia
suite, work perfectly.

I think it's worth limiting the connection speed to 115000 as well.

Hope it helps

D :)
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 4:36:30 PM

>Anyone have any success using the Nokia software and IR
>connection?

I have been using it with a 6340i (2 of them), a 6820, a 6200 and a 6310i
without a problem.

--
John S.
June 12, 2004 4:37:23 PM

>I have the Nokia 6560 and am trying yo backup the phone contents with
>and IR dongle using the Nokia PC Suite.

The newer PC Suite (v6.1) works better than the older version I had.

--
John S.
June 12, 2004 9:17:47 PM

I had been having major issues trying to establish an IrDA connection
between my 6820 and my Dell laptop. The IrDA would work fine with my
old Armada, but net with the Dell, and I was convinced the Dell was an
issue. Your settings have solved this problem.

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:34:43 +0100, "Caerbannog"

>I had problems connecting too, I've now solved it by changing the settings
>on the IR dongle (Control Panel,
>Wireless Link, Hardware, Properties, Advanced) and changed the IR
>Transceiver type to SigmaTel 4000 and now all my Nokia IR software
>(Including MobiMB Mobile Browser, which is great) as well as the Nokia
>suite, work perfectly.
>
>I think it's worth limiting the connection speed to 115000 as well.
>
>Hope it helps
>
>D :)

June 12, 2004 9:18:47 PM

This sure solved my problem with the 6820 IrDA to my Dell laptop. Many
thanks.

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:34:43 +0100, "Caerbannog"
>I had problems connecting too, I've now solved it by changing the settings
>on the IR dongle (Control Panel,
>Wireless Link, Hardware, Properties, Advanced) and changed the IR
>Transceiver type to SigmaTel 4000 and now all my Nokia IR software
>(Including MobiMB Mobile Browser, which is great) as well as the Nokia
>suite, work perfectly.
>
>I think it's worth limiting the connection speed to 115000 as well.
>
>Hope it helps
>
>D :)

Anonymous
June 13, 2004 9:31:03 AM

Joe <calguy99$@excite.com> wrote in message news:<b7bkc0hmeh9u097149b8017rdfe03l1mvf@4ax.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I have the Nokia 6560 and am trying yo backup the phone contents with
> and IR dongle using the Nokia PC Suite. The PC sees the phone but
> does not transfer any data. The phone is grayed out in the phone
> selector box. Anyone have any success using the Nokia software and IR
> connection?

Nokia PC Suite doesn't support this TDMA support. We've included
official support of this model in our Oxygen Phone Manager II
(http://www.opm-2.com/ ). Also even SMS part may function for this
phone in our program.

You will need only to perform special adjustment for infrared adaptor:

In 'My computer' -> 'Control panel' -> 'Wireless link' -> 'Hardware'
-> 'Porperties' -> 'Advanced' you should set 'Speed enable' or
'Maximum connect rate' setting at 115200 bit/s value and 'Infrared
transceiver type' option at 'Sigmatel 4000' or 'Sigmatel 4012'
setting.

If you will have any questions, concerning our program's
functionality, feel free to ask them on our official public forum
http://www.opm-2.com/

If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 12:24:26 AM

You're very welcome. It's nice when you can share your experiences and
help someone.

D :)

news:D osmc09ci921ev2h73k3o4uj9lcuoshlrq@4ax.com...

!