Crossfiring?

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Crossfire
  • MSI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 10, 2012 9:46:23 PM

I have two MSI R5770 hawks in crossfire.

When im playing blacklight retribution, the frames are the same with and without crossfire enabled.

I'm trying to record some gameplay and with crossfire turned off, its the same results.

I have a AMD fx 6100 cpu, 16gb ram [1600MHz] and a 700v PSU.

It's the same for when I ran a windows Index Score. It scored 7.4 with crossfire disabled and 7.4 with it enabled.

Is my crossfire actually running?

And is there a proper way of checking if crossfire is running or not?

More about : crossfiring

April 10, 2012 10:08:32 PM

Hi, welcome to the forums.

First question. Do you have a crossfire bridge linking the two and crossfire profiles turned on in CCC? Seems like an obvious question but I want to make sure.

Second. Blacklight retribution may not support Crossfire. Some games don't support it. Ignore WEI, it's just a crappy number.
April 10, 2012 10:33:10 PM

Everything is turned on.
I typed in dxdiag and it says I have 1700mb ram on my GPU.
*usually has 1gb*

Do game shave to support crossfire? I thought it could do it with all games
Related resources
April 10, 2012 10:36:19 PM

Everything is turned on....but you have the bridge connected the two as well right? Just clarifying..
April 11, 2012 12:25:43 AM

...which is why it shows my ram as 1700mb...

The GPU is usually 1gb.

I unplugged the bridge and it becomes 900mb worth of ram
April 11, 2012 12:55:36 AM

what opsys ?.. is there anyway to run it in DX10 mode or DX9 mode ?

did you try and run Windows Update ?

have you uninstalled the cards from the device manager/reboot and let windows find cards. Then install the latest drivers if things are still screwed up.

did the game install the latest DX patch... ?? if not, look on Windows website for the latest DX firmware.
April 15, 2012 10:27:45 PM

JackieTran said:
I have two MSI R5770 hawks in crossfire.

When im playing blacklight retribution, the frames are the same with and without crossfire enabled.

I'm trying to record some gameplay and with crossfire turned off, its the same results.

I have a AMD fx 6100 cpu, 16gb ram [1600MHz] and a 700v PSU.

It's the same for when I ran a windows Index Score. It scored 7.4 with crossfire disabled and 7.4 with it enabled.

Is my crossfire actually running?

And is there a proper way of checking if crossfire is running or not?

Some games just dont play nice with crossfire/sli, particularly lower budget games or half assed console ports. this is a sad truth that most people with dual gpu set ups have to come to terms with. I'm in the process of downloading blacklight right now. i'll see if i run into the same issue and report back here in order to determine if its the game or your computer. i would imagine that one 5770 would run that game just fine anywas, so it shouldnt be too big of a deal
April 19, 2012 8:39:33 PM

i cant even get the game to launch with crossfire on. so i cant help you here. i would put my money on this game not supporting crossfire too well. it is a free to play game, so i wouldnt expect them to cover all of their bases like that
!