Inserted wireless adapter, computer crashed, won't boot

spaciousfjord

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
Hello everyone, and thanks in advance for the help!

I just built a new computer, and after a minor hurdle that was very helpfully resolved by folks on this site, I got Windows installed, updated the drivers for my motherboard, and installed anti-virus software. After that, I was ready to try going online. I plugged in a TL-WN722N adapter, and the computer immediately crashed. I removed the adapter and attempted to restart the computer without success. The motherboard led turned on when I turned on the power supply, but the power switch does nothing. I've looked at standard troubleshooting guides for PCs that won't boot, but I'm at a bit of a loss because everything was working just fine a second ago. Any idea what the problem might be?

I've tried some obvious things, like making sure all the front panel connectors are properly aligned, holding down the power button, leaving it unplugged for 15 minutes, but no luck.

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it!!! This is my first time building a computer, and so far I'm really struggling...

Here are my specs:
CPU: Intel i5 3570k
Mobo: Asus Sabertooth z77
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 16gb
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast TX750
SSD: Crucial 128gb
Case: NZXT Phantom

There is also a hard drive in the bay, which is connected to the PSU. However, I unplugged the data cable during the Windows install and haven't plugged it back in.

Finally, it's worth noting that I don't have a GPU plugged in, because I was having trouble with my EVGA gtx 570 earlier today.

Again, thanks so much!!!

noodles10561

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
My son's computer that he is building did the same thing. How long did it take before it came back on?

Anyone have any ideas what might cause this and how to remedy if it doesn't come back on?

What additional info would be needed to obtain a reply?

Thanks!