Linking AD-5B adapter to Jabra BT200 BT headset?

Hi,

I can't link my AD-5B adapter to my BT200 bluetooth headset on my Nokia
7210 phone.

The BT200 headset is for non-bluetooth phones, which included an adapter
that fits into my pop port to connect it to a "multi-adapter" (which was
included with the headset), this actually gives me cordless connectivity
in itself.

At the same time I also bought the AD-5B adapter, I'm now trying to pair
the BT200 headset with the AD-5B adapter as it is much smaller than the
multi-adapter (and I've already bought it!). Unfortunately I'm having no
luck, according to the AD-5B instructions I follow a few steps for the
adapter to search & find a headset, I then enter a 4 digit code that is
included with the headset to set up the pairing.

Firstly I can't get the adapter to find the headset (the adapter light
just blinks red - meaning no BT device found in range); secondly there is
no code I can find included with the BT200 headset.

Should I just use the cumbersome multi-adapter that came with the BT200 &
flog the AD-5B on eBay or is there a way to link the two. I bought both
items from the web at the same time as I thought I needed both for the
headset to work, if I'd have know it came with the multi-adapter I'd have
save myself the £26 for the AD-5B. That being said I'd prefer to get the
AD-5B working, so if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Jase.
3 answers Last reply
More about linking adapter jabra bt200 headset

    Witchsmeller wrote:
    > Firstly I can't get the adapter to find the headset (the adapter light
    > just blinks red - meaning no BT device found in range); secondly there is
    > no code I can find included with the BT200 headset.

    Are placing the headset in discoverable mode?

    From the off state, a long press of the talk button on the headset
    wwill make it doscoverable, the blue led is on continuously to indicate
    the headset is discoverable.

    pzboyz

    pzboyz <pzboyz@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:<v4jzc.15181$NK4.2376825@stones.force9.net>...
    > Witchsmeller wrote:
    > > Firstly I can't get the adapter to find the headset (the adapter light
    > > just blinks red - meaning no BT device found in range); secondly there is
    > > no code I can find included with the BT200 headset.

    I use the same combination (AD-5B <--> BT200) and it worls just fine.

    - Press the Multibutton on the BT200 for about 7 Seconds (until the
    blue led lights solid)
    - Press the button on the AD-5B once (it should start blinking green)
    - Wait until the AD-5B goes solid green
    - Then enter "0000#" (without the ") on the phone
    - Wait a few secs until the numbers vanish
    Done

    nb.: It doesn't hurt to read the manuals (everything is explained in
    there)

    Cu

    googleaccount@upcd.de (Ulrich Petri) wrote in

    > pzboyz <pzboyz@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Witchsmeller wrote:
    >> > Firstly I can't get the adapter to find the headset (the adapter
    >> > light just blinks red - meaning no BT device found in range);
    >> > secondly there is no code I can find included with the BT200
    >> > headset.
    >> >

    > I use the same combination (AD-5B <--> BT200) and it worls just fine.
    >
    > - Press the Multibutton on the BT200 for about 7 Seconds (until the
    > blue led lights solid)
    > - Press the button on the AD-5B once (it should start blinking green)
    > - Wait until the AD-5B goes solid green
    > - Then enter "0000#" (without the ") on the phone
    > - Wait a few secs until the numbers vanish
    > Done
    >
    > nb.: It doesn't hurt to read the manuals (everything is explained in
    > there)
    >
    > Cu

    Thanks, I've already managed to get it working. I found the headset code
    on the Jabra site, but there was nothing in the literature with my
    headset, I think that may be because I bought the hands-free version with
    it's own pop-port adapter which came pre-paired. Regardless, thanks for
    the accurate reply.

    Jase.

Nokia Gaming Headsets Bluetooth