Linking AD-5B adapter to Jabra BT200 BT headset?

Last response: in Brands
June 12, 2004 2:40:44 PM

Hi,

I can't link my AD-5B adapter to my BT200 bluetooth headset on my Nokia
7210 phone.

The BT200 headset is for non-bluetooth phones, which included an adapter
that fits into my pop port to connect it to a "multi-adapter" (which was
included with the headset), this actually gives me cordless connectivity
in itself.

At the same time I also bought the AD-5B adapter, I'm now trying to pair
the BT200 headset with the AD-5B adapter as it is much smaller than the
multi-adapter (and I've already bought it!). Unfortunately I'm having no
luck, according to the AD-5B instructions I follow a few steps for the
adapter to search & find a headset, I then enter a 4 digit code that is
included with the headset to set up the pairing.

Firstly I can't get the adapter to find the headset (the adapter light
just blinks red - meaning no BT device found in range); secondly there is
no code I can find included with the BT200 headset.

Should I just use the cumbersome multi-adapter that came with the BT200 &
flog the AD-5B on eBay or is there a way to link the two. I bought both
items from the web at the same time as I thought I needed both for the
headset to work, if I'd have know it came with the multi-adapter I'd have
save myself the £26 for the AD-5B. That being said I'd prefer to get the
AD-5B working, so if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Jase.
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 8:01:52 PM

Witchsmeller wrote:
> Firstly I can't get the adapter to find the headset (the adapter light
> just blinks red - meaning no BT device found in range); secondly there is
> no code I can find included with the BT200 headset.

Are placing the headset in discoverable mode?

From the off state, a long press of the talk button on the headset
wwill make it doscoverable, the blue led is on continuously to indicate
the headset is discoverable.

pzboyz
Anonymous
June 16, 2004 3:34:12 PM

pzboyz <pzboyz@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:<v4jzc.15181$NK4.2376825@stones.force9.net>...
> Witchsmeller wrote:
> > Firstly I can't get the adapter to find the headset (the adapter light
> > just blinks red - meaning no BT device found in range); secondly there is
> > no code I can find included with the BT200 headset.

I use the same combination (AD-5B <--> BT200) and it worls just fine.

- Press the Multibutton on the BT200 for about 7 Seconds (until the
blue led lights solid)
- Press the button on the AD-5B once (it should start blinking green)
- Wait until the AD-5B goes solid green
- Then enter "0000#" (without the ") on the phone
- Wait a few secs until the numbers vanish
Done

nb.: It doesn't hurt to read the manuals (everything is explained in
there)

Cu
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 1:53:54 AM

googleaccount@upcd.de (Ulrich Petri) wrote in
news:D f74ad07.0406161034.49eb925c@posting.google.com:

> pzboyz <pzboyz@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Witchsmeller wrote:
>> > Firstly I can't get the adapter to find the headset (the adapter
>> > light just blinks red - meaning no BT device found in range);
>> > secondly there is no code I can find included with the BT200
>> > headset.
>> >

> I use the same combination (AD-5B <--> BT200) and it worls just fine.
>
> - Press the Multibutton on the BT200 for about 7 Seconds (until the
> blue led lights solid)
> - Press the button on the AD-5B once (it should start blinking green)
> - Wait until the AD-5B goes solid green
> - Then enter "0000#" (without the ") on the phone
> - Wait a few secs until the numbers vanish
> Done
>
> nb.: It doesn't hurt to read the manuals (everything is explained in
> there)
>
> Cu

Thanks, I've already managed to get it working. I found the headset code
on the Jabra site, but there was nothing in the literature with my
headset, I think that may be because I bought the hands-free version with
it's own pop-port adapter which came pre-paired. Regardless, thanks for
the accurate reply.

Jase.
!