Sign in with
Your question

Level 10 GT LCS vs Cosmos II

Last response: in Components
October 7, 2012 4:00:23 AM

So, I was thinking that I liked the Cosmos II, nice and big, for everything that I could potentially throw at it, I do run 2 GTX 560 TI cards as well as an EATX board. However, biggest turn off for me was the issue of no side glass, I do like to see and show off the inside of the computer, as well as have a few lights in there to, just kind of the wow factor. So I started looking that the Level 10 and came across the LCS version, which has everything that I need, as well as the option of a watercooled system built into already. I eventually want to go that route, however, never done it before. Figured this would be a good place to start with something like this already built in and then upgrade as time goes on. Does anyone have any opinions or reviews of the Level 10 and more specifically the cooling system it already has built in?

More about : level lcs cosmos

a c 111 ) Power supply
October 7, 2012 4:08:17 AM

Don't get thermaltake watercooling, that is all.

All of their "attempts" at real watercooling always leak and break down.

How about a case like the Enermax Fulmo GT?
m
l
October 7, 2012 4:13:32 AM

So would it be a more viable option to stick to the Level 10 GT and get my own watercooling system? I already have an h80 for my cpu but want to move towards a true liquid cooling for cpu and both gpu
m
l
Related resources
a c 111 ) Power supply
October 7, 2012 4:21:46 AM

Not really, there are better cases out there like the NZXT Switch 810 for watercooling.
m
l
October 7, 2012 4:22:38 AM

but the switch looks so plain and boring lol
m
l
a c 111 ) Power supply
October 7, 2012 4:36:16 AM

Depends on personal preference. :) 

I really like the Silverstone Ravens etc.
m
l
October 7, 2012 4:47:12 AM

I guess I could say I want something that will stand out, make someone go wow thats a cool case, potential LED lights/strip, and enough space to watercool the CPU and both of the 560's. I liked the Cosmos to start, but there is no window to show off whats inside, so thats kind of a buzz kill for me, if I had the mod skills to turn the panel into a glass, i would be all for it
m
l
October 7, 2012 4:48:26 AM

Honestly you can't compare the Cosmos 2 to the Level10 plastic POS.

But the Cosmos 2, it comes with a +2 WOW Factor and demands respect when going to a LAN. I've built a x79 system for a friend in a Cosmos 2 and it is the best case I've worked on in a long time.

As for the side panel, have a look at the link below of a fellow TomsHardware guy that made his look just Boss:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/330218-28-cosmos-full...
m
l
October 7, 2012 5:00:21 AM

Think i might go with cosmos, gives me enough options for future upgrades does have the wow factor and hopefully down the road i can do a mod on it and turn the side panel into glass
m
l
a c 111 ) Power supply
October 7, 2012 5:44:56 AM

ritdawg13 said:
Think i might go with cosmos, gives me enough options for future upgrades does have the wow factor and hopefully down the road i can do a mod on it and turn the side panel into glass

Acrylic.
m
l
!