Nzxt Phantom 410 need help with air flow setup

Nice case came with one front 120mm white fan, 1 top 140mm white-white led fan- 1 120mm back white fan.

This case has room for 2 120mm/140mm tops fans, 2x120mm or 1x140mm front fans, 1 back 120mm fan, 1 side 120mm or 140mm fan.

I have a gtx 460 2win which sits right by the area a side fan could go. This card is a open end cooler so it pumps the hot air into the case more or less.

I would like to know what are the best fans to go with, am I better off sticking with nzxt fans so the color of the fans match, Or am I better off taking out the fans that came with the case and upgrading to diffrent fans. I would like to stick with white led fans because the led emblem that is on the gtx 460 2win is white. I am a bit touchy when it comes to matching fans.

I really need some help with this topic due to the fact that I know the case needs more airflow.

Am I better off going with dual 140mm fans on top and adding another 120mm fan to the front for a total of 2x120mm fans or putting 1x140mm in their place. Also I have room on the bottom of the case for a 120mm fan is this a thing i should add to bring more air into the spot where the video card is.

To my knowlege I cannot find a 140mm nzxt fan that has white blades and white leds like the one my case came with, I have a feeling if I want my fans to match Im going to have to change them all out.

What is a good brand of fans? Am I better off switching them all? What fans should I add.

Last note these fans that the case came with move a decent ammount of air and they are quite would like to stay with fans like these.
3 answers Last reply
More about nzxt phantom flow setup
  1. Here is a picture mabye this will help you guys help me.

2. Really, Im sad that I cannot get help with this.
  3. 1) why do you want more fans? have you measured the temperatures? Try HW Monitor. if you need more fans, i would add more intake fans, bc currently you have 2x out + 1x in

2) more fans = more noise. Smaller Fan noise > Larger fan noise, bc a larger fan can run slower to move the same amount of air

3) I would not replace your current fans as long as they work ok. But that is personal preference. If you want fancy colours / matching colours etc ... its all up to you

4) I added a site fan to my case and it was a big improvement temperature wise. >7 deg C.

5) Noctua fans are considered top-notch ... and ugly. I would not worry too much about the case fan brands. Get what you like from any decent brand. Loudest component will be most likely the cpu fan.

Hope that helps
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Fan LED Monitor Components