Tags:
  • New Build
  • Programming
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
June 8, 2012 11:03:35 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: 1-4 months from now

Budget Range: $2000 max

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Programming, school work, etc.

Parts Not Required: Mouse

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.ca or canadacomputers.com

Parts Preferences: None really, except for the CPU and GPU. I don't need anything more powerful then the 3570k and yeah, I was going to get a 7950 or 7970, but I decided on the 670 instead.

Overclocking: In the future

SLI or Crossfire: In the future

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I don't want it to be excessively loud, but I don't need it to be silent. Also, I will need a monitor and keyboard. For the monitor, i would prefer something that is around 22 to 24 inches, 1920x1080 and be LED backlight, preferably. For the keyboard, a backlight would be nice, though not mandatory and macros would be nice. Also, a non glossy finish is a must.

So, the parts I have already chosen are:
Case - Cooler Master Storm Trooper Case
Motherboard - Asus P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Intel Z77 Motherboard
CPU - Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
Aftermarket Cooler - Thermaltake Frio
RAM - Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB
Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB (just to see how much build would cost, will buy one with a better cooler when one comes out, probably MSI or Asus)
Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache
SSD - Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe MX 120GB
DVD Burner - Asus 24x DVD Burner
PSU - Corsair Professional Series HX850 850W
Case Fans (Side) - Cooler Master Blade Master 120mm fans (would be nice if someone could find some fans that are better then these, but around the same noise level,less preferably.)
Speaker - Logitech Z523 40 Watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System

Total - $1,694.87, according to newegg.ca
So, I have said above, I will need a monitor, preferably LED backlight, 1920x1080 and between 22 to 24 inches, a keyboard with backlighting, preferably, and some macros, and, of course, non gloss finish, so, not a Blackwidow, unless its the Stealth. If you guys could recommend a better side fan then the one i have chosen, which is around the same noise level, that would be awesome.

More about : 2000 programming gaming build

June 8, 2012 11:52:45 PM

Microsoft Sidewinder X4 keyboard, great for gaming and normal use

24 B3ST drive
CM HAF X case if can
I'd go with an Asrock Z77 Extreme mobo of equivalent price
8GB vengeance memory
Asus/MSI are the best GPU brands
I'd go for WD Black over seagate
Don't know about SSDs, but corsair and ocz make good ones
If you want to save money, a TX650 PSU would be fine, 750 if dual cards in future
Don't know much about fans, but CM and corsair make good ones

Oh, and CM Hyper 212 EVO is a good cpu cooler
m
l
June 9, 2012 11:58:30 AM

http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/9KVs
here is a build that is slightly less than yours but has more speed and features. dont get the chronos deluxe mx. they use slightly cheaper nand than the regular DX. seagate has cheaper drives than WD for the same price/performance. if you dont care about the colour, noctua fans are the best. if not, wait for a sale at ncix to get 2 gentle typhoons for 29.99
m
l
!