Homebuild PC issues

cUppa

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Hey Guys,

About 2 months ago I build a system for myself, for the first time and ran into some issue's and was wondering if you guys could possibly help me :).

I have a couple of issues at hand currently:
My first issue is that my DVD/RW randomly boots my disk in tray for no appearant reason.

My second issue is a weird one that i wasn't able to find anything about, it seems that sometimes when I move documents around to different directories, it doesn't update real-time, e.g. if i move example.txt from c:/program files to desktop the example.txt will be moved, but my system doesn't show it accordingly, it basically moves the file but doesn't update it, unless i press refresh, and on my desktop, i usually have to open my desktop documents up to access the file i just recently moved.

System Specifications:

MB: Asus M5A97
DVD/RW: Sata dvd/rw x18
GPU: 560GTX 1GB
CPU: FX-4170
PSU: 650W Corsair

Thank you,

Alex

jerreddredd

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
not sure what exactly you mean by this "My first issue is that my DVD/RW randomly boots my disk in tray for no appearant reason."

are saying when you start the system up, it boots from the CD/DVD instead of your HDD? if so, just go it to bios and change the boot sequence to HDD first then CD/DVD or remove it totally.

or are talking about inserting a CD/DVD and it auto plays/runs?

as for your refresh issue, I found this:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproui/thread/8afb8b65-900c-4f42-b1df-3c2394417b6e

cUppa

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Hi Jerred,

what I mean is, I currently have COD4 disk in my DVD/RW and sometimes randomly when im playing, it starts runs the disk, and it goes onto the install screen.

THanks,

cUppa