6950 running at x1 speeds?

programmargorp

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Here's what im talking about:
gss.png

As you can see, the Bus Interface is "PCI-E 2.0 x16@x1 2.0", indicating my card is running at x1 speeds. It is not a power save feature as MSI Kombustor is running in the background.
I have since reseated the card, and now it's at x2 speeds, running the same things. Anyone know what's wrong?
I have a ASRock 970 Extreme 3 mobo and Phenom II 960T @ 3.6GHz.

programmargorp

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
GTA IV The lost and damned - All Maxed : 44.23FPS
Sorry, i dont have any other games that have built in benchmarks atm.
Full system Specs:
Phenom II x4 960T @ 3.6GHz 1.23V, not unlocked, stock cooling
8GB AData Premiere DDR3-1333 (2x4gb)
ASRock 970 Extreme 3 motherboard, BIOS v1.40
Lantic HD6950 2GB No shaders unlocked, Not OCed
WD Blue 500GB
AOpen 500w PSU
Coolermaster Elite 431 case
Random Asus DVD Burner.

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
no idea mate, i just plugged er in and thats how she came

do you all have your most current bios?
what motherboard is everyone using?
if everyone lists all their specs maybe we can find something in common other that the 6950
im going to direct the gentleman in the other thread running at 1x to this thread

also make sure your running the newest mb drivers for the mb chipsets.
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/raid_windows.aspx
if the pci bridge cant see the card or set it up right it going to fall back to it slower speed.
also check if you have any other cards installed. ir network or sound card. on some mb the video card slot and the one next to it share irq or pci lanes. I would also check the board and the manule to see which pci video slot in slot 0 and which one is slot one.

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
its only hitting that temperature because you havent set up a good fan profile

if you keep the card cold to begin with, and use a slightly more aggressive fan profile, ud be surprised how much you can lower your temps

the stock profiles are terrible, even if you arent overclocking you should run a better profile just to save your card from running so hot

see my overclocks? my card doesnt get hotter than 75 degrees and i have a poor cooler that pushes the air out the back

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
oh my, and i thought my cooler was bad. ur going to have to keep an eye on that, as your fan loses life and the paste on your die dries up your heat is only going to increase. cant take much more

whys it so hot?! those openface heatsinks that dump the hot air into your case are supposed to work better than the kind im using. hows your cases airflow?

TRENDING THREADS