how about ah... GO HERE !! AMAZING!!

G

I thought it will get your attention, only 5 people visited my question while 195 people visit other's people's questions but I NEED HELP!!!
Tell about channels at last!

I have 10xDVD/40xCD - ROM and need to hook Plextor 16x/10x/40x. I think Plextor will read better than my DVD nad I will hook Plextor to my IDE Primary Master channel (don't worry about my hard drive - it is in Promise ata/100 channel), where should I hook my DVD for optimal perfomace?
I heard I should NOT hook it to Primary Slave channel, right? Should I hook it to Secondary Masetr channel? TELL ME AT LAST! PLEASE ! THANK YOU!

FatBurger

Illustrious
Hook one as Primary master, other as Secondary master. You'll be about the same either way. I'd suggest putting your DVD as master, unless you're going to use your writer as your main reader (eg installing software, etc)

------------------------------
Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

G

I have problems with DVD, it sometimes doesn't read well CDs but awesoem with DVDs, so I think PLextor will be better with CDs as it has nothing to do with DVDs...

FatBurger

Illustrious
Then hook that up to Primary. I have mine set up with the DVD as Primary, a friend of mine has his Plexor writer set as Primary, and both of us like it.

------------------------------
Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
both being masters sounds fine :)

and just becauze someone got alot of replies doesnt mean they were of any use.
Quantity does not equal Quality.

I think im going crazy and hearing voices, but my Hamster says im not!