How to Make all windows open in the "maximized" state?

Can anyone advise how to change the default setting in winXP so that all
windows open in the
"maximized" state?
4 answers Last reply
More about make windows open maximized state

    Exactly what what I was looking for what a pain in the rear. Are you sure
    there is no way to do this without the machine going hoakey on me?

    "Larus" wrote:

    > Can anyone advise how to change the default setting in winXP so that all
    > windows open in the
    > "maximized" state?

    All you have to do is after opening the window to the program you would like
    to have expanded, instead of pressing the maximize button, drag the corners
    of the window to expand it to full screen. After you leave the program all
    programs will open to that size. Remember though, this will be the default
    window size and at full screen you will not be able to have 2 screens up on
    your monitor in 1 view. You will have to toggle between them. The new
    setting will actually be your minimized view for all programs.
    If you want to change this at any time just drag the corners to the size
    you want. Hope this helps!

    --
    Have A Great Day
    Bill M.

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    maximizeapps=1 as a dword

    It will have wierd consequences.

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "Larus" <Larry_Halenospam@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:ufyD9jYBFHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > Can anyone advise how to change the default setting in winXP so that all
    > windows open in the
    > "maximized" state?

    This does NOT work as you state... I've done that several times and the
    stupid thing still opens the way it wants.