How to Make all windows open in the "maximized" state?

January 28, 2005 7:30:38 PM

Can anyone advise how to change the default setting in winXP so that all
windows open in the
"maximized" state?
January 29, 2005 1:21:01 AM

Exactly what what I was looking for what a pain in the rear. Are you sure
there is no way to do this without the machine going hoakey on me?

"Larus" wrote:

> Can anyone advise how to change the default setting in winXP so that all
> windows open in the
> "maximized" state?

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 12:01:14 PM

All you have to do is after opening the window to the program you would like
to have expanded, instead of pressing the maximize button, drag the corners
of the window to expand it to full screen. After you leave the program all
programs will open to that size. Remember though, this will be the default
window size and at full screen you will not be able to have 2 screens up on
your monitor in 1 view. You will have to toggle between them. The new
setting will actually be your minimized view for all programs.
If you want to change this at any time just drag the corners to the size
you want. Hope this helps!

--
Have A Great Day
Bill M.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
maximizeapps=1 as a dword

It will have wierd consequences.

http://www.uscricket.com
"Larus" <Larry_Halenospam@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:ufyD9jYBFHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Can anyone advise how to change the default setting in winXP so that all
> windows open in the
> "maximized" state?

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 9:45:02 PM

This does NOT work as you state... I've done that several times and the
stupid thing still opens the way it wants.

!