April 11, 2012 11:16:16 AM

Hi guys,

So I currently have:
i7-2600K @ Stock Speed
8gb Corsair Dominator DDR3
Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3
OCZ Vertex 3 SSD (Main)
2x 1TB WD Caviar Green (Storage)
2x XFX HD5770 1GB (Water Cooled) in X-Fire feeding two Philips Brilliance 220SW LED Screens
All this being fed by a OCZ ZX Series 850W Powersupply
In a Zalman Z-Machine GT1000 case
(Basically this was a dream machine I upgraded after a Op Tour to Afghan as a pressy to myself)

I'm edging to update my graphics cards as they are the only real components 'holding' my system back so to speak.

I don't ply RPS games but I do Play EvE Online (far to much), also use my system for image editing for stock photography.

Now my question is... is it worth upgrading my display cards (I was lookign at the 560Ti's as they seem to be best bang-for-buck) If I were to upgrade it would be a nVida card as EvE currentl are being coded for those cards. my price range are around $250/£200.

Your comments/suggestions appreciated.
Jegards
Jakes
:sol: 

More about : worth upgrading

a c 290 U Graphics card
April 11, 2012 11:40:45 AM

Just a legit question: Are you not happy with your PC gaming performance?
a c 140 U Graphics card
April 11, 2012 11:59:31 AM

^
I would agree with this as well. If you are happy run with it. If you are looking to increase your graphical settings and you know EvE performs better on Nvidia GPU's, then a 560Ti might be the way to go. I've seen them come down in price quite a bit. I am sure they will still creep down a little as the 600 Series Nvidia cards are starting to come out. The 680 is out, and out of stock. However, the 670Ti is supposed to launch in May and sometime after that the 660 card, no date yet.
Related resources
April 11, 2012 11:59:42 AM

Well at current settings my system reverts to 'Windows Basic' colorscheme when I push my gaiming hard (I usually run two EvE Clients and play effectively two games sometimes three at a time)

EvE isn't hard on my system can't run it with all the 'candy' switched on wich is what makes the game Amazing. I'm just not sure how much of a step-up a GTX560Ti would be.
a b U Graphics card
April 11, 2012 12:20:30 PM

that system is itching for an overclocked cpu (why get the k if you arent going to oc?)

560ti isnt bad, could do better though =d

not sure of how much of a step up it would be... not too much i would think. personally, i wouldnt do it
a c 140 U Graphics card
April 11, 2012 1:01:37 PM

If you go for the 560Ti make sure you get the 448 Core version.
a c 290 U Graphics card
April 11, 2012 3:18:33 PM

Reverting to windows basic is a bug, which happens all the time with World of Warcraft for me. Anyway, if you cannot use max settings now, GTX 560 Ti 448 should be a good upgrade, and it fits your budget nicely.
!